Human Computer Interaction & Prototyping

Hello Filip, My Dad was an inventor and he was always building prototypes, so I totally get what you are saying - also building things in 3D on Cardboard, and doing something ‘silly’ is a great way to trigger the creative brain into generating new creative ideas. I am soooo with this human computer interaction science - it’s so important - how many times have you had to use a really clunky website that is not working well for the user, but is a chance for a programmer to do a bit of coding showing off. Just creates frustration, and boredom for the user - the product needs to engage the user and be very user friendly - there is so much competition out there - this is the most important section of the design.

2 Likes

Hello Filip, I like this wire framing idea, and, as you say, a chance to get all the elements in the right places before you get into the actual coding. An opportunity to create mockups - very useful for giving the client a set of (say three) design choices - this includes the client in the decision making process, and gives a chance to start testing at an early stage. Very cool idea. Like it!

1 Like

Hi Filip i did this last year at Uni and its refreshing to hear it from a different prospective and hear about prototyping on paper or with card boar :-}

1 Like

Hi Filip

This is amazing, thank you :grinning:

2 Likes

I totally agree with the rapid prototyping approach and iteration process. Are wireframe.cc and proto.io still the go to software in 2020?
Thanks,

Yeah I definitely agree, just like Steve Jobs said, start with customer needs and experience and then work your way backwards to the technology you need to build that product/service.

2 Likes

Interesting videos, thank you and passed the Quiz first time. I think to build an APP and Crypto Wallet will be a challenge for me.

1 Like

I Really enjoyed the section on creating a clickable prototype. Really Good

1 Like

From a business prospective and not a programmer, the end user is the one who pays for a service or product, data etc, users want a plug and play process, they want a simple, seamless, effective and efficient process.

Today most of us press some buttons on our phones apps and order take aways, Uber, Netflix, groceries, mostly anything, users don’t think how much hard work has gone in the process. This is the market trend today. All the hard and skeleton work behind the scenes must therefore focus on the market trend of the consumers, users and participants who buy the software designed for them in mind.

3 Likes

Amazing Content, One Stop Information !!
Thank you Ivan and Filip.

1 Like

In IT it is common to use prototyping creating mockups. I am working in SAP and we use a lot SAP build and Splash as tool for this.

1 Like

Great start to the business master class

I have seen an error in how i went about my project years ago, i got a developer who went off on a tangent and wasnt given the right direction, nothing to build upon, the good thing that came out of it tho, he introduced me into Bitcoin in 2013. Now once again I am back in the build an app mode and already this part id putting me in the right direction on how to accomplish my goal.

2 Likes

Thanks, for the intro to HCI. I agree that a simple wire frame and clickable prototype would be the most efficient/ cost effective way to test a new product.

1 Like

Hi Filip,

Thank you for lessons. Just one question (dumb but still) can I use proto.io to build my apps on Iphone and use then right away?

1 Like

Hello sir, it could work for you but ONLY to design the entire front end interface for the app, but for the back end you should go into programming.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

Thank you, thecil. I will ask some later :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really like the wire framing & the getting the initial design out of the way - smoother & faster in long run BEFORE you spend a bunch of time programming… especially if that is not the direction or user friendly version for users… this is great! thank you!

2 Likes

Hey @filip , i put in practice your lesson for clickable PROTOTYPE
I HOPE IM IN A GOOD DIRECTION

https://share.proto.io/VAGYEF/

@ivan

2 Likes

I am excited!
Now the pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together for my project.
Wonder if any one in the Laval/Montreal area is interested in collaborating on a business idea.

1 Like

All good until now am zing this can be done with block chain can not wait to apply in real life

2 Likes