Course Overview - Assignment

1. Not much to say, DeFi is bringing the traditional financial industry into the open blockchain space. The openness of it will allow anyone to take part in all possibilities, and not only the ones, that the bank allow us normal humans. The possibilities will also be much bigger than in traditional financial tech, because now everyone can just come, have a great idea, and implement it and allow the public to take part on it - without restrictions in location, political views, your status, gender, etc.

2. I was following the cryptocurrency space in 2015-2018. Unfortunately I was busy with other stuff in the following years, and when I came back to in 2021, I was really surprise what I had missed.

During the big bull market and ICO craze of 2017, when the term “blockchain” was used by everyone and every company needed to include the term at least in their marketing material (along with “AI”, “Machine Learning” and “Big Data”), it was frustating to see how “the establishment” tried to artificially push old ideas into the blockchain space.
The more I was surprised to look back now at what huge ecosystems where built and which innovative forces were at work in that space during the bear market, when the public mostly was interested in it.

I take this DeFi 101 course (and the DeFi 201 will follow of course) now to get an overview of the things that happened in the space in the last few years. So that I will be able to follow the current events and news.

1 Like
  1. Defi = A permissionless and trustless way to do investments on the blockchain.
  2. Be smarter and make the best decisions in the space.
  1. DeFi stands for decentralised finance. It means that the system is not focused to a centralised figure or a middleman, but operates completely independently. Consequently, lending, borrowing and interest rates (APYs) etc. get much more attractive, faster and easier to deal with.
  2. Financial freedom and understanding the details of DeFi products, which might also help me later when I start to tackle the coding part of the blockchain.
1 Like
  1. DeFi technology provides trustless transactions of users without the need of middleman.
  2. Learn different business applications and opportunities on this field.
1 Like
  1. Decentralised finance. Financial services not requiring the permission of some centralised entity. Primarily Peer2Peer and interactions with smart contracts for things such as loan, farming and lending.

2. See what I have missed from previous courses.

1 Like

1. Share your thoughts on what DeFi is in this topic.
Decentralised Finance, where the markets are run by protocols and smart contracts in AMM’s (Automated Market Maker) that is not ‘owned’ or ‘run’ by a Centralised Finance or any other business.

A way to generate yield from owned digital assets to generate income for providing liquidity or locking up a coin.

2. Write down your goals of what you want to get out of this course.
Understand better security and interactions of platforms mechanisms to boost current knowledge.

1 Like
  1. DeFi stands for descentralized finance. Total opposite of the finance that most of us know, the centralized one, where governments and banks rule everything. DeFi for me is power in people’s hands!

2. My goals from this course:
    -to absorb as much knowledge as i can so i can teach others too;
    -to learn how to use certain Dexes at their best capacity;
    -to see how can i apply what i will learn here in my day to day job

1 Like

DeFi is decentralized finance. It means that finances can be transferred peer to peer, without a centralized intermediary. Currently, we are using bank accounts and bank cards, it seems that we are transferring funds from our account to the recipient’s account (and vise versa), money is actually transferred by banks and other intermediaries.
My goal is to get more in-depth knowledge about DeFi.

1 Like
  1. An equitable, robust, and most importantly USEFUL way for us all to trade with each other and invest.

2. My goal is to fill in my knowledge gaps wrt DeFi so I can be more effective as a blockchain developer.

1 Like

DeFi is finance on blockchain without the reliance on the legacy banking infrastructure.

I’m hoping to learn something new that wasn’t covered in the older defi courses and get more familiar with how bridges work.

1 Like
    DeFi is economy that s not controlled by central authority.
    Economy which every data is written on BlockChain, where every entry is check by every node of a
    network.
    My goal are:
    -to effectively use DeFi tools, protocols and diffrent Blockchain with confidence
    -to gain knowledge of BlockChain and Defi usability
    -to know Defi benefits and its drawbacks and how can I and other people benefit from DeFi
    -to know the basis DeFi so I could show and teach people which are new to DeFi.
    -to learn something new and how to explore new protocols
1 Like

Decentralized Finance is one that is not controlled by a central governance. My goal is to learn how to use DeFi and the lending protocols to earn yield.

DEFI= no third party (trustless), no account to trading (just access via wallet), fast with rate and reward that changing every 15 min., Pseudonymous (no need to give personal information for permission to trading), flexible (can move asset to anywhere and anytime).
    I just want to review my knowledge and get the basic theory concept for practice programming.
1 Like
  1. DeFi for me is a financial system without banks, middle operators, meaning my money is my responsability. Also DeFi offers a lot of possibilities to invest in projects I like.
  2. I want to understand this world better, to be able to take the best decisions and to find the best opportunities.
1 Like
  1. I think DeFi is a big potential for everybody on this world to get a permissionless access to the financial system. Doesnt matter of the background of the person. I think that we´re still in the beginning and that theres quite much room to grow. Give the space a few years until DeFi gets user friendly for everybody, etc.
  2. I hope to learn a few things in practice which i still dont know. Im expected to get surprised.
1 Like

Defi for me is a way to pursue financial freedom and be independent of the corrupt legacy financial system. Living in a third world country limits our access to decent gains and we are always exposed to devaluation and huge amount of taxes and inflation. I don’t want to be governament slave forever. Defi will help me to overcome this issues and be a very important tool to build an awasome future for me and my family.

1. Write down your goals of what you want to get out of this course.
    a. Gain a better understanding of Defi
    b. Learn about risk reward in this ecosystem.
    c. Learn how to be self sufficient to look for new opportunities in the space.
    d. Profit and pay for a world travel.
1 Like

1 - Share your thoughts on what DeFi is in this thread.

DeFi represents a paradigm shift, established decades ago by the establishment and large institutional players in the traditional financial market. Their astonishment and concern with the accelerated advance of technologies applied to the financial and monetary system is undeniable (currencies, financing, means of payment, possession of assets and custody, various instruments accessible to a small portion of the world population, etc… ). These changes were accentuated mainly after the stimulus injected into the economies of several countries, with the colossal printing of fiat currency due to the pandemic.

We are witnessing a major transition from the analog model of money to the digital model, without borders and intermediaries.

2 - Write down your goals of what you want to get out of this course.

Participate in the process of disruption of the financial and monetary system;
Participate in the emergence of new applications in their early stages;
Learn and spread knowledge of new technologies and applications; and finally
Propose solutions, with products and services on the market, in decentralized finance.

1 Like
  1. DeFi or Decentralized Finance is a financial system which is based on a blockchain following certain protocols, which enables to provide financial services such as (crypto) money transfer, loans, and many others in a trustless, secure, immutable, transparent although privacy protected way, and without needing an centralized institution or bank as middleman.

2. I expect to learn a lot from this course, and come closer to my goal of either working in the space, or to get an edge in my current traditional sector, which is itself evolving with DeFi and blockchain technology.

1 Like

DeFi (decentralized an open-source, transparent ecosystem,removing the third person.
Where anybody can invest no matter where you come from and how much you want to invest.

1 Like
  1. I think DeFi is a means for people to gain control over their financial lives. The only true transparent way to build your savings wallet and to take care of your own finance, without having to deal with hidden information from the big banks’ representatives. Through educating ourselves and learning about DeFi, I think we can have more people achieving financial independence, and also a more democratic and egalitarian financial system.

• Be able to identify the best opportunities in terms of risk/return in DeFi ecossystems;
  • Be able to help my friends and friend to do it also
  • Be able to generate a passive income to DeFi protocols
1 Like