Course Overview - Assignment

Share your thoughts on what DeFi is in this topic.

Decentralized Finances enables access for anyone to join in and build sth good when competent.

The creation of info in this area is so imminent rapid and concepts come up you never heard of just like that and you and I are supposed to just get all of that and make decisions.

2. Write down your goals of what you want to get out of this course.

I aim to improve my decision making and understand more and more within the DeFi space, learn from the commenters here, ask questions when I donā€™t know and would def like to connect more with the competence of this forum with 2022 coming up and DeFi being so on the rise and ride the wave together.

Learn and understand as much as possible of the value this academy provides for all coming in Defi.

See you all soon in a new year,
Marius

1 Like
  1. Defi is Decentralized Finance. It is finance technology that isnā€™t linked to one central power like a corporation or country. My thoughts on it is that it will allow us to handle our money without the need for finance institutions acting as the middle man. I believe it is the future and it will be faster and automatic.
  2. My goals is to learn what I can about Defi so I can help teach my friends and even my coworkers about its power and let them know about what is up next in the crypto space.
1 Like

Recently I was asked to write an article on crypto lending at my day job and to do this I began to research and learned that this fell under the banner of Decentralized Finance. When I began trading on Coinbase in Dec 2020 I bought Yield Finance (YFI) and in Jan 2021 I bought AAVE as it was pumping. Then I started to hear about Cardano, Polygon, Polkadot and Solana. Then I kept reading in the comments of my YouTube channel that they were staking their crypto and getting great rewards. In my recent research, I saw I could buy Gemini dollars and stake it to get up to 8.0% APY or I could stake my ETH for around 2%. I also learned that going into a staking pool with a high return of 20%+ could also mean that the liquidity of that project could go to zero if someone in that pool decided to take their funds (rug pull). I feel the future for DeFi is bright and much needed to tackle corruption in our financial system at large. My goals: I want to have a better understanding of DeFi so I can share more articulately on my YT channel, write better articles at my job and to do smarter investing for my crypto portfolio.

1 Like
  1. Share your thoughts on what DeFi is in this topic.
    DeFi is the future of Finance. It removes middlemen so that transactions can be executed only between the sender and receiver. It also helps removing manipulation of markets by bad actors as it is decentralised.

I would like to better understand the difference between projects so that I can make sound decisions for future investments.

1 Like

DeFi is showing me the way to take full responsibility for my finances. Itā€™s a transparent rules based system that can empower everyone, not just the few. Game changer!

My goals - Iā€™ve already made enough mistakes in the DeFi space to know that slowing down and learning my way through is a good idea. Iā€™ve become more math oriented through these experiences and realized that sometimes I completely miss the point which translates into lost opportunities and real losses. One thing I have noticed in a big way is how early we are in DeFi. So many launches, with big incentives and risks. Iā€™ve put effort and money into Elrond, Terra, BSC and Polkadot projects, and now Iā€™m working my way into more established protocols like AAVE because I can select Matic Network in MetaMask. Iā€™m not a fan of ETH because the gas fees are so bizarre that my calculator canā€™t predict the future. The last time I claimed a reward on convexfinance the fees took more than I got. Doesnā€™t seem fair. The Layer 2ā€™s are going to save ETH.

1 Like

DeFi for me stands for: take ā€˜someā€™ CONTROL back into our own hands!
History has proven and will continue to do so when governing bodies are left unchecked and in full control over our monetary decisions. The blanket of ā€œconsumer protectionā€ is used to take our own decision making from us. While itā€™s necessary to protect the people who are unable, to young or to old to make informed financial decisions for themselves. We need a free market where we are not taxed or stolen from the right to participate in ventures that we may contribute to.
DeFi just means that, control of our own decisionsā€¦and probably much much more!

Iā€™m here to learn all the possibilities that DeFi has brought us and will continue to bring us if we build it together and use it together.
GOAL: Know the best DEXā€™s out there, be able to tell the differences between them and make an informed decision when it comes to staking, LP, lending etc.
GOAL: Teach the knowledge and/or offer services if they choose not to learn!
At the end of the day I want to make a good/great living through crypto and I believe DeFi is a stepping stone to that! If I can make a living for my family and help the world and itā€™s inhabitants become more in self control, I would love just that!!

1 Like
  1. Defi is about eliminating the middleman in finance through the use of decentralized Blockchain technology platforms. Itā€™s about: peer to peer vs having to go through a financial institutionā€¦minimizing the fees so that more value is retained by the endusersā€¦censorship resistant so that people have more freedom in executing transactions like donating money to a charity that would be prohibited by PayPal, or being able to buy a stock during a short squeeze that would be prohibited by Robinhood.

2. I hope to gain a deeper more comprehensive understanding of the space that I could start replacing cefi with defi in my day to day life where needed, and be able to help others as they consider such a transition in their lives

DeFi is an environment where traditional finance operations happen in a decentralized, transparent, accessible manner.
    I want to become DeFiFIT and be able to transfer my knowledge from traditional finance towards the blockchain technology by thoroughly understanding the differences and nuances of the two systems.
  • Defi is a decentralized type of market place to invest, stake, trade and buy cryptocurrency directly, peer 2 peer. no intermediaries.
  1. Write down your goals of what you want to get out of this course.
  • My main goal is to better understand these types of transactions and how possible up and coming regulations will affect this part of the industry.

DeFi term stand for ā€œDecentralized Financeā€. It is an financial system built on decentralized and programmable infrastructure such as Ethereum. one of compounds of DeFi are stablecoins that should maintain consistent value per coin against dollar. Decentralized financial system should enable users to use services such as insurance, loans, access to money markets, and all that without an middle man.

From this course I would like to understand deeply some concepts of blockchain that would enable me to contribute to an team or company and work in this space. I hope that with connecting with people here, upgraded knowledge of blockchain and programming skills I will come to an opportunity that will make my financial life better.

In the crypto space there is something called DE-FI (Decentralized Finance). In this area we can lend specific assets, sell, borrow, yield farm, ā€¦ without the need of a third party like Banks. So we could say itĀ“s a ā€œNew Financial Infrastructureā€ in which protocols are created on top of this New Infrastructure. And you can interact with all of this protocols with just a simple step, using a Web3 Wallet (Metamask,TrustWallet,ā€¦). In DEFI we hear a lot of SC (Smart Contracts). This SC can be programmed in certain way to do something in a very detailed way.

2.- I will gain astronomical knowledge about DEFI, this will help me to create a new protocol that solves daily problems in order to empower the Crypto Community

Goal for the course is just to learn any missing bits of new knowledge. Use DeFi regularly so iā€™m expecting a lot of review.

DeFi is the ability to do lot of what is available in TradFi just with smart contracts instead of corporate databases. DeFi also has the ability to expand to new ideas as all these money lego come together.

1 Like

In my limited understanding ,DeFi is the decentralization of all of the things that can be done in traditional finance, without the middle man of banks, centralized companies, etc. This can include lending, borrowing, etc. It is a revolutionary new way of doing things through blockchain technology.

My goals are to gain a really solid understanding of the space and the technology behind it, and most importantly get comfortable actually using DeFi. Iā€™ve been learning about it for quite some time but have been hesitant to actually get in there for fear of messing something up, losing money, getting my identity or funds compromised, etc. Really looking forward to learning!

1 Like

DeFi is a fair system of finance that uses the blockchain to transact, using smart contracts. Any can participate and requires no permissions to transact.

My Goal of this course is to understand in more detail how Defi works and what implications for the future of finance.

1 Like

What I think Defi is would be a decentralized version of centralized finance that allows anyone interacting obtain to loans, stake assets, obtain insurance on assets, and provide liquidity for gain.

• obtain a as much knowledge as possible to reinforce fundamental knowledge.
  • Learn how to provide liquidity and invest strategically
  • Learn more about the concept of yield farming
2 Likes
  1. I think the shift towards decentralized finance is a natural step in the right direction, away from the system that kinda screwed things up for everyone in the first place. Beyond this, as DeFi grows, there are so meany wealth opportunities (that come with any disruptive innovation) like yield farming and staking, which some friends of mine are doing right now.

2. I want to reach a basic level of understanding on the fundamentals of DeFi, so that I can intelligently grow my own little bit of wealth beyond what I started in 2015 (just basically putting some savings in BTC and ETH and leaving it in cold storage). I majored in Corporate finance, and graduated literally at the height of Occupy Wallstreet, so a huge part of me also agrees with the social movement aspect of DeFi - Iā€™d like to be a part of it.

2 Likes

DeFi means decentralized finance. To me, DeFi allows for feats which canā€™t be done in normal finance such as flashloans. DeFi allows for more efficiency through automation of processes using smart contracts. It also provides more transparency than centralized finance.

Iā€™m interested in learning the different ways DeFi is currently used. Iā€™d like to get a better understanding of it to better know the applications of blockchain technology and also gain some ideas for development projects. I feel that DeFi is a huge part of the crypto space, and Iā€™m missing out on a big piece of all this if I donā€™t learn more about it.

1 Like

What do you think DeFi is
DeFi is a financial revolution. A space where traditional finance and technology fuse together to provide a fair and open free market for everyone, without a central authority to control it.

What are your goals for this course:
My goals are:

• To understand the fundamentals of DeFi and why itā€™s an important technology
  • To expand my views of the impact and possibilities that DeFi brings to our lives and society
  • To learn how to use DeFi platforms effectively
  • To build and protect my portfolio
  • To reach financial independence :100:
  • To share with others who are interested in this space
1 Like
    DeFi stands for Decentralized Finance and is a term used to describe decentralized financial services build on public blockchains. The financial services can be many of the same services provided by banks today and the users are organized in a peer-to-peer network.

I have a basic understanding of DeFi today.
    My goals for this course are:

1. To build on what I know and gain a more thorough understanding of DeFi.
  2. Be able to define and develop new DeFi products.
  3. To be able to teach DeFi to others.
  4. To gain practical experience working on a project.
1 Like

I feel that DeFi opens up the business side of finance to anyone who is interested in earning income through their investments. It has the potential to make investing very accessible.

I want a deeper understanding of the space and how it works so that:

• I can understand and take advantage of good investments.
  • I can begin to understand how I can influence/contribute.
1 Like