Assignment - Case Studies

I do like TransferWise and use it as a main business account for international transfers.

1. The company is focused only on exchanges and transfers. It s a strong competitive advantage. Re-focusing usually results “stuck in the middle” position.
  2. The consequence of the straight forward business model is a very friendly interface.
  3. The company has very competitive exchange rates (although not the best today).
  4. I cannot confirm that international transactions are faster than usual.
  5. TW has very fast respond if you need to approach them.
  6. I like their compliance team. Guys resolves cases in a polite and effective manner.
1 Like

In the UK, my favourite is Freetrade, they provide stocks and shares ISA accounts (i.e. tax free) with no trading fees and also give you a return on non-invested cash if you have a premium account.

I am also using Crypto.com visa card which gives cash back on purchases in crypto I quite like it but need to work on winning the trust of their users after they had a series of events such as switching their native crypto currency, technical issues and problems with their card provider.

I would like to try Celsius, does anyone have a referral code they would like to share?

2 Likes

My favorite Fintech is Square’s Cashapp. They provide easy access for debit card rewards, sending and recieving money to friends and family and also easy access to investments like stocks and bitcoin. They are located in California, San Francisco and Cashapp seems to currently only be available in the US and UK. Cashapp is my favorite Fintech because I really like how user friendy the app is, how easy it is to understand and use. I also like everything they have to offer. The main features I have used are buying stocks, buying bitcoin, using their debit card to get cashback and now even bitcoin back as well. Another thing that I really like from cashapp is how easy it is to add a debit card and different bank account as well. I like to add money to cashapp using my debit card from one bank and then click cashout and deposit it to another bank. This is how I am able to top up my Cryptocom Debit Card with Fiat without paying any fees. Which brings me to the last thing, Cashapp has barely any fees for anything and the fees they do have are usually very minimal, especially compared to traditional banks.

1 Like

Hello! I personally use cryptocom and also Celsius and many others, I do really like celsius specifically for earning interest as there isnt any withdraw fees as they pay it for you and the interest rates are usually really good as there is no lock ups. Although for cryptocom I really like their debit cards and gift cards and such that they have to offer. If you would like to use my referral for celsius if you haven’t used anyones yet, Here you go! Thank you as well :slight_smile:

https://celsiusnetwork.app.link/167776182f Join Celsius Network using my referral code 167776182f when signing up and earn $30 in BTC with your first transfer of $200 or more!

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks very much!

3 Likes

No Problem! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like www.lendi.com.au as they’re widely identifiable in the Australian market and are a modern version of the mortgage brokers of the 90s such as Aussie Home Loans. They have a clean interface and not only assist in acquiring home purchase finance but also refinance which has become very popular as lending rates continue to fall.

You can upload your documents online and get approved faster and can check your loan’s progress 24/7.

Share some information about your favorite Fintech. What are they doing and where are they active? Motivate why they are your favorite fintech.

I live in the US and I believe by far the fintech that is making BTC mainstream is Square. Having payments and sending and recieving funds from people is very simple in this App. Plus if people send you monies you can easily convert it to BTC at a fair price and ease of use. I believe the frictionless nature of this technology will encourage more and more people to adopt BTC and Virtual currencies. Plus you are allowed to transfer this BTC out of the wallet once purchased which gives me an added sense of security. This is why, by far, I enjoy and would recommend square. Unfortunately Paypal as of yet does not allow me to transfer out my crypto which is why I am not considering them for first position.

1 Like

I have to say Celcius is my favorite at this time. I have a few coins staked there. The app is very user friendly, and the community information is readily available and well sorted. Alex is also a fairly stand up guy, and I understand the goal may be decentralization, but we should not forget to be human and take the chance to trust others where we can.

2 Likes

Share some information about your favorite Fintech. What are they doing and where are they active? Motivate why they are your favorite fintech.

My favorite would be the one I use the most with ease in my home country. I enjoy Grab, Lineman, Skootar, Finnomena and Kerry. The first two are food delivery, good delivery and transportation which make my life much easier especially during the pandemic as I can order food through the use of credit card in most cases.

The third one Skootar is for my office work as they handle all accounting related transactions - pick up cheques, deposti cheques and handle sales report with merchants. The third one is fairly new but it summarizes all the mutual funds in Thailand making my daily review much better. and finally Kerry is a parcel pick up services which completes my small business requirement. The importance is the ease of use they all share and ability to claim for damages through their convenient call centers.

2 Likes

My favorite ones from the current case study are Revolut and Doconomy. Revolut I am using for a couple of years and I love it, but Doconomy I just learned about it and it looks amazing how they combine fintech and sustainability. I was researching such a project. I am very interested to develop a similar project, if someone is interested please let me know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Emma is my favourite fintech app, it helps me track my expenses, avoid overspending, set budgets. It shows me my subscriptions and much more. It’s definitely the best budgeting app I have ever used. https://emma-app.com/

2 Likes

Personally, I really like BlockFi. I use BlockFi to earn interest on my bitcoin and ethereum. The platform offers an interest account, crypto-backed loans, and trading function/exchange-like function. Blockfi borrows your crypto and gives you a 5.5-6% rate, and lends it out to trusted institutional and corporate borrowers who borrow that crypto at even higher rates. BlockFi makes money by taking the difference between your interest rate and the borrowers interest rate. Most recently, BlockFi has started offering credit cards where you can earn 1.5% in BTC on every purchase. Earning passive APY is made convenient by BlockFi, and their interface is user-friendly. They only show you the spot value, and don’t have much data analytics overtime. However, if you’re looking to simply HODL BTC and Ethereum, this is an awesome way to store it and earn compounding interest.

2 Likes

I have used XE.com for years. Starting off from just getting current currency exchange rates to money transfers abroad. They have become one of the leaders in currency exchange rates and are very reliable. Both the app and the website are very easy to use.

2 Likes

To me still PayPal since I did not really use others. Has worked reliably for years. Everyone knows it. Is simple.

Since beginning my journey into Mining and Trading Crypto currencies, i travelled a lot each year snowboarding so changing currencies from one central location with access to cash machines on an app was perfect.

Revolut provided this solution for me, it became an app and account where i could send my profits in GBP and use the profits to travel, switch between currencies etc as and when was needed.

This is especially handy as switching from USD, Euro, GBP without the need to visiting travel exchanges (better rates are offered by Revolut) and reduces the amount of paper money, coins always left over when travelling which can be frustrating. This way i could by for meals by card or withdraw cash when heading up the mountain.

1 Like

As a user I really like N26, where I now even have my main banking account. Payments are super fast and easy the UI of the app is very nice and well organized. But the single best feature is the Space function, where you can “park” money for special purposes like vacation apart from your main account without needing an entire new account. Money between different spaces can be moved in seconds. It really helps to keep track of different saving targets and not “accidentally” spend money that you planned saving for bigger purchases

1 Like

My favoritevfintech is TransWise. It is modern, fair and I feel the founders want to make the world a little bit better.

1 Like

My favorite fintech is Revolut. It is ideal to make money transfers all over the world, cheap and quick.

2 Likes

My favourite fintech will be Blockfi, I like the rewards program by depositing coins and earning bitcoin as interest. Also the interest percentage are quite attractive. You also have the ability to borrow funds providing a collateral, although I have not use this function yet.

3 Likes