Aave Borrowing Tutorial

Same as most of the commenters, I also prefer Aave. Simple interface, all the numbers within reach.

1 Like

I was able to accomplish the tasks on both sites. I had some issues with Aave recognizing my Dai in my wallet. So I ended up lending some ETH. Aave was a bit more of a pain for me. I liked Compound over all.

1 Like

Even if I liked the app for Compound it would be hard to overcome my pro-Aave bias, but honestly the Aave app’s user interface seems more straightforward and flexible. Both could stand to be expanded to more blockchain networks/wallets, at least to include the top 10 coins by market cap.

1 Like

I preferred the user experience on compound,
I found it more responsive than aave on the Kovan testnet.

1 Like

Aave went well, Compound, on the other hand, wouldn’t load on testnet for me. Otherwise, both user interfaces seem to be relatively straightforward and easy to use.

1 Like

I think I preferred (or maybe felt more comfortable with) AAVE over compound, but that might have partially been because the video covered AAVE more extensively. Haha

1 Like

I like Aave over Compound on the testnet.

1 Like

I like aave better than compound.

1 Like

AAVE I somehow couldn’t supply or borrow anything, If I am adding amount, just filling automatically 0 for any number. COMPOUND didn’t load for me correctly… Any advice?

1 Like

Aave and Compound were both pretty use to use, however I liked Aave’s interface better. Compound was giving me some trouble loading wallet.

2 Likes

I liked Compound more simply because it displayed my balances correctly. Aave showed my DAI balance as zero when I had 10. Maybe there was something I was missing, but Compound showed everything right away. Overall, both were pretty easy to use, but Compound was a little more user friendly IMO.

Also, it appears that Aave’s display has changed since this video was created. The UI was different from what Josh had displayed during the video.

2 Likes

Compound offered me better rates with stable coins while Aave offered me a 1000%+ return on ethereum on the rinkleby network, the kovan network wasn’t working on Aave so I ended up using rinkleby on both platforms the DAI’s on Aave and Compound were using different smart contracts so balances weren’t really reflecting on both platforms what I liked was the DAI faucet on Compound which was a beneficial feature you can do unlimited requests which was pretty interesting. Overall, Aave’s interface was more complex than compound, compound was much simpler and everything was done without going through different pages.

2 Likes

i couldn’t use AAVE as it didn’t recognize the DAI token or wETH;
however I was able to lend and borrow with COMP
i believe there are so many transactions; however the transactions seems pretty expensive in ETH

3 Likes

I played around with both interfaces, However in my limited time trying both I preferred the Compound interface over the Aave interface. Aave gave me a bit of problems when trying to connect my metamask walllet and interacting with it was quite choppy, but everything just synced flawlessly for Compound plus I liked navigating their interface over Aave. Anyways, thanks for the tutorial was quite helpful .

2 Likes

I tried bot. In my opinion Compund has the advantage of having a more user friednly UI, at least for beginners. As far as I have looked into it AAVe has more options and displays more metrics.

3 Likes

the only reason i am not following along outside of metamask testnet and watchng the videos is because i have experience in this section of the course, im currenty staking in defi and have experience using ydai xvvs xtonic etc, but i am interested to see the subtile differences using aave

3 Likes

Either Aave and Compound were easy to use though I do like Compound’s macro dashboard.
Considering it only exists on Ethereum layer 1, no doubt its much simpler and better UX compared to Aave which is now multichain.
Nevertheless, gotta give Aave props for flashloans and still making a seamless UI for a multichain lending/borrowing dapp

3 Likes

After using both Compound and Aave in kovan testnet I prefer Aave’s interface. It just seems a little more user friendly to me. Compound was giving me some trouble loading wallet.

2 Likes

Definitely liked using Aave. It seemed very simple to use. :+1:

1 Like

I had played with Goerli tokens on both platforms. I have plenty of experience with AAVE and real funds. However, I never used Compound. I did the same things (borrow and lending) on both platforms and they essentially the same. However, I was impressed by the APY of compound which was higher. I went to Compound with real funds and I witnessed the APYs was a little bit higher than AAVE. However I wasn’t able to test real funds in Compound since it doesn’t support Polygon which is the only L2 I’m currently using.

Another thing I saw. I tried to move funds back and forward from AAVE and Compound (in the testnet) and I saw that each protocol has a different DAI. Their contracts are different from each other. For instance, I tried to pay some DAI that I borrow in AAVE with a lending in Compound and it’s not possible.