What's the latest on IQCash?

IQCash was developed by a user of this forum (I can’t find the post in which we discussed it) and it was launched sometime in December and I’ve seen the list of miners slowly grow.

I’d like to know more about the project and the roadmap, milestones, etc.I can’t really find anything about it aside from the whitepaper on the website: https://iqcash.net/ nor does there seem to be a Github repository (that I’m aware of).

So if you’re the developer, hi (waves), how is it going? And what are your plans for the near to mid term future for IQCash? :slight_smile:

Hi iwan,

I’m the developer. I’m really pleased with the number of miners so far - especially considering that there’s been no formal marketing yet.
The plan for iQCash is to introduce a lot of newcomers to crypto, so we’re waiting for Waves Platform’s new liteclient to come out of Beta before spreading the word more widely. (iQCash is a token on the Waves blockchain.) We want these new users to have as smooth an experience as possible. i.e. create a Waves account, solve some puzzles and then start trading on the Waves DEX with no other hassles.
A revised whitepaper and more puzzles are being developed in the meantime.
At about the time that’s expected - some time late Feb - we’ll also run another contest to raise awareness.

Thanks for your interest. It’s up and running smoothly and will just get better.

One thing I’ve noticed is that some of the miners have already started selling their iQCash for Waves. I dream about a day where some bright but economically disadvantaged people can earn iQCash and improve their lives by selling some to more fortunate individuals who have funds to invest in a growing crypto. Win - win!

1 Like

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick response. I’m very happy to hear about the upcoming updates and that you’re adding more puzzles. I’ve seen the variety grow over the last 6 weeks (yep, I mine every so often) and more puzzle variety is always more fun :slight_smile:

I was just thinking about making some noise about it on social media to raise awareness but I’ll hold off until the revisions and enhancements are out. I agree with your vision of bringing means of some financial independence to the economically disadvantaged.

It’s interesting that some people have done some trading already, that in itself will start establishing some value for the coin. I was also thinking about perhaps buying some instead of mining to help set a value for the coin but again, will need to check and will hold off until the improvements roll out.

Last bit, I did notice some bugs with puzzles (not a lot) but couldn’t really find any means of reporting them, similarly, something strange happened about 3 weeks after launch, where waves has credited all transactions with 47 IQCash, irrespective of how much was actually mined. So I you had 20 transactions of various amounts prior to the event for a total of 60 IQCash, they all of a sudden all became 47 as amount for a total of 940 IQCash.

I can show you some screenshots, either here or on a dedicated support email if you have one, just let me know what you prefer.

Also, this might be of interest to you and might help generate a lot of awareness: http://unicefstories.org/blockchaincall/

The UNICEF Innovation Fund is looking to make $50-90K equity-free investments to provide early stage (seed) finance to for-profit technology start-ups that have the potential to benefit humanity.

If you’ve got a start-up registered in one of UNICEF’s programme countries and have a working, open source prototype (or you are willing to make it open-source) showing promising results, the UNICEF Innovation Fund is looking for you.

Thanks for that. That’s interesting and I’ll check it out. You can report any bugs to [email protected].
A couple were and were fixed.
The extra payouts were a bug but was not severe. There was extra iQCash remaining from the presale, so you can consider that as a bonus airdrop to early miners.

1 Like

If you send an email to [email protected] I’ll get back to you directly when the marketing starts.
Alternatively, you can monitor the iQCash twitter account, which will become more active at that time.
Cheers.

1 Like