What is Talent Density?

Please answer the questions below:

1. What is talent density?
  2. Why is talent density important?
  3. What are the benefits of talent density?
  4. Why is average not accepted?
  5. Fill in the blanks - “Adequate ______ gets a generous ________ ________.”
  6. Why is both good and bad performance infectious?
  7. How do we protect our talent density?
  8. What is your personal view on talent density?
  1. how good are you?
  2. it tells us how much can we grow to achieve the best
  3. if you want to be the best, work with better people than you
  4. is mediocre
  5. Adequate talent gest a generous good result
  6. can come from anybody
  7. by giving them goals
  8. it is something necessary in order to achieve greatness
    Is a ratio of highly talented team member vs the average member in a team.
    We rather have fewer team members and ensure that the team has high talent density.
    However, we are VERY PROUD about the talent density we have been able to achieve and we are VERY PROUD to have the best people in web3 working together with us. this shows that with talented team it will reduce meeting time while concentrate on the productivity.
    Average is not accepted because moralis is not all about the number of team member but they concentrate on the quality of the team member.
  5. Fill in the blanks - “Adequate talents gets a generous good results.”
    Both good and bad performance is infectious and will spread throughout the organization. Average performance makes everyone average. Excellent performance is pushing everyone to achieve more.
    This starts by us collectively being unapologetic in our views that average is not accepted. Adequate is not accepted. We truly believe that and have to have the courage to enforce this throughout the organization.
    For me Talent destiny is Very good, because it help you stay focus on you goal

is the ratio of high vs average talent within a team.

1. Why is talent density important?

it measures how much time requries to coach, supervise talent, the higher the talent, the more time to work for the client instead of making sure developers perform properly

1. What are the benefits of talent density?

attract more talent, keep motivated and inspired, work satisfaction, the results are order of magnitued better.

1. Why is average not accepted?

average person can sink the team. slowdown progress, decreases quality and satisfaction, reduce efficiency.

1. Fill in the blanks - “Adequate ______ gets a generous ________ ________.”
    Adequate performance gets a generous severance package.

2. Why is both good and bad performance infectious?

good performance increase creativity, gets better results, spend time in what is importnat
bad performance decrease and slows productivity, spend more time in supervising average than working on important tasks! We need the courage to set expectation straight

1. How do we protect our talent density?

We need the courage to set expectation straight, be unapologetic about not accepting average results.

1. What is your personal view on talent density?

be a high achiever and prove it everyday; commit to results and seek to help others; we are humans and prone to errors but with practice, self-learning, find our on results, fail fast and small, adhere to values, be part of great teams, the individual results everyday builds a great talent and contribute in huge results for an organization.
i wish i have had this kind of course earlier in my beginning of my career.

2 Likes
    Talent density is the ratio of highly talented vs average team members in a team.

Because companies with a high talent density in turn attract highly talented people. Highly talented people are high-achievers, work more efficiently, like to learn new things, and want to make a real impact, which is also reflected in the company’s above-average results. All this also gives higher life quality and work satisfaction for the team.

Talent density gives a company the opportunity to have fewer high-performing team members instead of having many average team members doing and achieving the same thing but less efficiently. Having a high-performance, lean organization allows a company to have:

• Less oversight.

• Fewer meetings.

• Less overhead.

• Less management.

• More focus on the fun things such as coding and shipping.

1. Why is average not accepted?
    Because we are only as strong as our weakest link. It’s like the saying “a rotten apple spoils the whole bunch.” If we start allowing average performance, it will take a hit on the company’s efficiency and on the morale of the team.

2. Fill in the blanks - “Adequate performance gets a generous severance package.”

3. Why is both good and bad performance infectious?
    Both good and bad performance is infectious because the team and its members set the bar for everyone involved. “Average performance makes everyone average. Excellent performance is pushing everyone to achieve more.”

4. How do we protect our talent density?
    Moralis protects its talent density by decisively not accepting average or “adequate” performance and constantly enforcing it. When hiring new people, the team at Moralis takes its time to find great people instead of hurrying to hire the first candidate or average people just to fill the spot. Also as a team, having the courage to set expectations and demand great performance from one another is also a way of protecting talent density.

5. What is your personal view on talent density?

“Our civilization has always recognized exceptional individuals, whose performance in sports, the arts, and science is vastly superior to that of the rest of the population.”

As I mentioned in a previous thread, where I quoted K. Anders Ericsson, it is only exceptional individuals who get recognized for their performance in different fields in our society. And that is what Moralis is obviously trying to do: something exceptional.

I think focusing on promoting talent density is the only way to build something that will bring an actual change. Any frustrations I’ve had in past jobs have been when I’ve felt I’ve been trying a lot harder than anyone else around me, which brought frustration and discouragement. This is what makes me so excited to hear that at Moralis we’re expected to do our best every day and expect the same from our colleagues.

1 Like

• Ratio of highly talented people vs average people on your team

• Team size is meaningless, it is better to have 5 highly talented people than 3 highly talented and 5 average on a team.
  • If you have high talent density team, you can product orders of magnitude better results. One highly talented developer can do at least x10 more than an average developer.

• Attract more talent - highly talented people want to work with other talented people
  • Work satifiaction - Less meetings are needed, less overhead, less double checking of work done by someone who is not great, less co-ordination. This all leads to high work satisfaction and quality of life.
  • Inspiration and Motivation - Learning from the best and feeling of having massive impact with the work we do together.
  • Results are orders of magnitude better - One highly talented developer can do at least x10 more than an average developer.
  • Lean Organisation
  • Performance is infectious

• Average is not accepted, it can sink the team
  • Average takes 80% of management time
  • Reduces quality of group discussions
  • Forces others to work around them
  • Drives staff who seek excellence to quit
  • Signals we accept mediocrity

5. Fill in the blanks

• “Adequate performance gets a generous severance package. :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

• Average performance makes everyone average
  • Excellent performance is pushing everyone to achieve more

• unapologetically not accepting average
  • have to have the courage to enforce this throughout the organisation
  • rather take time finding great people, than rush to fill a spot with average person
  • Set expectations straight and demand nothing less than great performance

Going through this lesson has filled me up with fire, it has opened my eyes to how much I want to work with other great talented people. Just the thought of working in a high talent density team excites me. It brings back memories of high talent density teams I have worked in, in the past, those are the teams I truly enjoyed working in, and low talent density teams are the ones I didn’t enjoy much. I am grateful for this lesson and it helping me realise this.

1 Like

a more qualified team is better than a just large team. the strength of a team is based on the weakest teammate.

because if a developer can do a task in 1 month, two developers can do it in two months

• work satisfaction
  • pushing teammates forward
  • avoiding time-consuming things (like meetings) instead of focusing on the solution

because it reduces other teammates performance to the average point

5. Fill in the blanks - “Adequate performance gets a generous severance package.”

“Both good and bad performance is infectious and will spread throughout the organization.”

“When we work with each other day by day - we need the courage to set the expectations straight and demand nothing less than the great performance from each other.”

I would rather work with the bests to learn more form the bests

1 Like
  1. Talent density is the ratio of talented to average individuals in an organization.

2. Talent density is important because it fosters success within the company.

3. Higher quality of life at work(employees better mood), more efficient when working as a team, less management, confidence in team members ability(trust to do good work) and motivation to keep producing high quality value.

4. Average is not accepted because it has been scientifically proven that average performance brings an organization closer to failure.

5. Adequate performance gets a generous severance package.

6. Performance is infectious because when you work in an environment where others are involved you will have an impact on them and their performance no matter whether it is good or bad.

7. By hiring people that closely align with Moralis values and show a strong desire to constantly grow, adapt and improve and by firing people that showcase mediocrity or simply average performance with no desire to change.

8. My personal view on talent density is the same as Moralis’, having been a member of both average and outstanding teams, in my experience the difference is monumental, the two teams are so vastly different in their quality and rate of production, it is not even close. When working in a team you are only as strong as your weakest link so you want to be absolutely sure that you have a team where every member’s performance is stellar.

1 Like

What is talent density?
We rather have fewer team members and ensure that the team has high talent density.
Why is talent density important?
Talented people want to work with talented people. A company with high talent density attracts highly talented people. High-performers thrive in environments where talent density is high. Highly talented people want to do great work, continuously learn new things and make an impact.
What are the benefits of talent density?
By working with highly talented people we need less meetings, less overhead, less double checking of work done by someone who is not great, less co-ordination.
Why is average not accepted?
One Average Performer can Sink the Team.
Fill in the blanks - “Adequate ______ gets a generous ________ ________.”
Adequate talents gets a generous good results.
Why is both good and bad performance infectious?
Average performance makes everyone average. Excellent performance is pushing everyone to achieve more.
How do we protect our talent density?
Being unapologetic in our views that average is not accepted.
What is your personal view on talent density?
Working in a high talent density team excites me, I want to learn from the best and be the best.

1 Like
  • Talent density is the ratio of highly talented vs average team members in a team.
  • Importance of talent density. Highly talented people want to do great work, continuously learn new things and make an impact.
  • It’s beneficial to ensure high talent density as it also ensures the overall work satisfaction and high quality of life of our team.
  • Average is not acceptable to make sure the team stays afloat.
  • At Moralis adequate performance gets a generous severance package. :exploding_head:
  • Performance spread throughout the organization. Average performance makes everyone average. “Excellent performance is pushing everyone to achieve more.”
  • HOW Moralis Web3 protects talent density: 1). When we hire new people - we rather take our time finding great people instead of hurrying to hire average people to fill the spots. 2). When we work with each other daily - we need the courage to set the expectations straight and demand nothing less than great performance from each other.
  • Talent density is key to the stable and consistent exponential long-term growth of the company’s team members and Moralis Web3.
1 Like
    The ratio of highly talented vs. average members in a team.

Helps to attract more talent, inspires the team to perform exceptionally, results in a lean organization where everyone plays a key role.

A team is only as strong as its weakest link. Average performers take most of the management time, so there is less time to focus on stronger performers. Drives out staff who seek excellence. Signals that we accept mediocrity.

Adequate performance gets a generous severance package

Team members are inspired by the performance of their colleagues. This sets a standard, whether mediocre or exceptional.

Being unapologetic in not accepting mediocrity, either individually or across the team.

It is key to protect, in order to ensure we get the most valuable work out of everyone on the team.

1 Like
  1. Talent density means having more talented members in the team, compared to average members.

2. Talent density is important because when you have talented people in your team, you attract more talented people, and thus quality and speed increases. If a talented person joins a talented team, then that person gets more satisfaction. Another important aspect of talent density is that you achieve more quality, and you reduce the “fluff” (meetings, overhead, management, etc.).

3. The benefits of talent density are multiple, but in a nutshell: achieving more quality, gaining more satisfaction from your work, reducing overhead, attracting more talent.

4. Average is not accepted because it can drag down the team. This is because average persons reduce the quality of discussions, take management time, slow down the top performers and also signal that mediocrity is accepted.

5. Adequate gets a generous severance package.

6. Average performance sends the signal that is ok to be average. On the other hand, good performance pushes people and motivates them to deliver better performance.

7. The talent density is protected by first being unapologetic about not accepting averageness. Another things is to take the time when hiring new people such that you make sure you hire the correct person.

8. Oooooh yes, I am well in favour of talent density, and I see the impact of not having it at my current role and team. There are more average people than top performers, and we, the few which are performing good try to bring up the team. And this showed good results, but quite inefficient compared to having a team full of top performers. There is a lot of fluff that we need to take care of. I enjoy fast and clear decision making and understanding with my team mates, and I also want to trust that my team mates deliver quality without the need to double check.

1 Like
  1. How good you perform.
  2. It’s better to have less team members but all of them very good, as that ensures our fast growth.
  3. You attract better talent, work satisfaction, faster and better results, motivation and satisfaction of work.
  4. Because quality>quantity.
  5. Adequate talent gets a generous good result :smiley:
  6. It spreads throughout the team and the organisation. Excellent performers will push everyone to achieve more.
  7. Average and adequate are not except, we only strive for the best.
  8. I’m quite a competitive person in my nature, so for me talent density is important, as i want to always learn stuff and get better at things and work with good professionals.
1 Like
  1. Talent density is choosing to have a few but highly talented resources than larger number of resources with less talent
  2. It is important because it helps attract people who are as highly talented to build a much stronger and sophisticated outputs while not wasting time on constantly working to improve the quality of output.
  3. Better performance from less number of resources, easier to manage, less mistakes, less time consumed on high quality outputs.
  4. It is not accepted because it takes so much management, reduces quality of work, can be inefficient.
  5. “Adequate performance gets a generous severance package”
  6. Average performance makes everyone average. Excellent performance is pushing everyone to achieve more.
  7. We protect out talent density by enforcing that adequate is not acceptable and by taking time in hiring people.
  8. I think it’s necessary to attract people who is capable of putting as much effort and offering as much talent to the group for us as a whole to succeed. Kinda like being in a cruise ship… we all would want to be surrounded by a reasonable number of people who can make the ship structurally strong, or make it run smoothly, or maybe run fast but safe… Be surrounded by people who can help us survive if it hits an ice berg… And avoid people who would crowd the ship and end up sinking the ship any way possible instead.
1 Like
  1. It is when you go for fewer but more talented people.
  2. Because work becomes more effective.
  3. Talents attract talents. Inspiration and motivation stays very high.
  4. Because it is less effective and lowers the overall performance quality.
  5. Adequate performance gets a generous severance package.
  6. Because they both will spread throughout the organization.
  7. By us collectively being unapologetic in our views that average is not accepted.
  8. My view is that talent density should always be what you strive for.
1 Like
    Talent density is the ratio of highly talented people vs average people in your teams

Because it is meaningless if the team is not effective

Because it attracts more talented and performant people, it enables us to have more impact with less resources by reducing overhead and keeps satisfaction and motivation high

Because mediocre hires force you to focus on much more than you can really focus

5. Fill in the blanks - “Adequate performance gets a generous severance package.”

Because an average performer absorbs resources that excellent resources could use to raise the level, lowering them. And excellent resources try to lift bad performances

By having a culture of not accepting adequate, we have to demand great performance everywhere to maintain the expected level

It might be hard to maintain, but achieving that will create a team capable of producing a lot of high quality value in short periods of time and maintain that way

1 Like
    The ratio of highly talented vs average team members in a team.

Attracts more talent. A company with high talent density attracts highly talented people. With talent density, work productivity is higher. High performers thrice in environments where talent density is high. Highly talented people want to do great work, continuously learn new things and make an impact. The result is a win-win for the whole organization.

Attracts more talent. High performers thrive in environments where talent density is high.
    Work satisfaction by working with highly talented people we need less meetings, less overhead, less double checking of work done by senone who is not great, less co-ordination. By ensuring high density we also ensure that the overall work satisfaction and quality of life of our team stays very high.
    High talent density ensures that inspiration and motivation at Moralis is and stays very high. Research shows that high-performing team members outperform his average counterpart by a factor of two or three. Research shows that 1 high performing developer can do the work of at least 10 average developers.

Average performers can sink the team. We are only as strong as our weakest link. One average performer can destroy a great team. The average performer takes up more of the management time so the manager has less time for the top performers. They reduce the quality of group discussions-lowering the teams overall intellectual output. Force others to develop ways to work around them reducing efficiency and increasing context switching. Drive staff who seek excellence to quit. Signal that we accept mediocrity.

Adequate performance gets a generous severance package*.

Both good and bad performance is infectious and will spread throughout the organization. Average performance makes everyone average. Excellent performance is pushing everyone to achieve more.

By being unapologetic in our views that average is not accepted and enforce this throughout the organization. When we hire new people we take our time finding great people instead of hurrying to hire average people to fill the spots. When we work with each other day by day we need the courage to set expectations straight and demand nothing less than great performance from each other. Have a Rite To Passage that all new recruits have to go through during their first weeks.

I agree with talent density. I know from my experience coordinating and supervising volunteers at my place of employment that talent density decreases training time, improves productivity and accuracy, and creates a more enjoyable work environment. I feel a passion and excitement and a clarity that I want to work with talented people who I feel inspired to always be my best self and earn my place in a talent density team. I feel excited and alive and look forward to learning everything I can.
    Thank you for this lesson!!