What is Maiar and Bondly?

Hi guys! Totally new but trying to learn…What is Maiar and Bondly? Is Maiar like a wallet (but then don’t we have our wallets already?), and Bondly is a token? Where do you buy it? I don’t quite understand it all…can someone help me? I also know that you can buy it on Uniswap…-is it an exchange? How is it different?

Thanks much!!!

Maiar is a wallet powered by the Elrond blockchain that allows you to send payments to anyone just using your phone number. Basically making the whole crypto peer to peer transaction as easy as possible, no copying and pasting addresses, etc. It’s a payment system, kind of like Venmo, but on the blockchain.

Bondly is a completely separate project. It is described on the site as “A portable peer to peer exchange that enables trading across any chain, through any medium.” Essentially it does something similar to Maiar but isn’t just for peer to peer payments, it’s for trading any crypto asset, much more complex and on a bigger scale. They do have a token on the ETH blockchain that you can invest in (I have some). It’s not a wallet.

Uniswap is also completely different than Bondly. It’s a DEX (decentralized exchange) where peer to peer trading occurs only because people who have a token (like Bondly) offer to stake it in pools in return for profit, providing liquidity so others can get Bondly as well. This is the basic explanation, it can get much more complex. Uniswap is only for ETH-based (ERC-20) tokens.

Hope that answers your questions!

Thank you so much.
I have another question. How anonymous are bitcoin wallets? I hear about whale alerts of # Btc moving from one anonymous address to another. I though that all transactions are traceable and one can figure out who the bitcoins belong to?is there a way to hodle coins completely anonymously? I suppose I have to fist buy a Btc from an anonymous source? What if I receive a Btc payment? Can someone know how many Btc I have?

There is no real way to prove a person controls a specific address, it is merely guesswork. All transactions on the network are publicly visible and historically traceable. But there is no way to prove a certain person controls a certain address, which is an important thing for many people. To be as anonymous as possible, you’d want to use a different BTC address for each transaction you receive. Some wallets will generate a new address each time for you, but most offer this functionality manually as well.

The sticking point is the fiat on-ramp. They could assume that whatever address you withdraw to from the exchange you buy from (Binance, Coinbase, etc.) belongs to you. But again, there is no proof, only likelihood. I’d just get in the habit of using new/multiple addresses if you want more anonymity.

Anyone can see “your” balance, but in the end it’s just the address balance to anyone looking at it from outside. For true anonymity, look into privacy coins like Monero and ZCash.

Thank you so much. What bitcoin wallet would you suggest? I already have a ledger nano for cold storage. I read some articles on different wallets as well but things are changing so fast. Is Trust wallet really good? Wasabi? Electrum? Rahakott? Incognito? I seems that everyone lives and vouches for ledger …?
Thank you again for being so patient with me on this!

I also use the Ledger Nano X which I like, mostly for its appearance and user interface. I use it for my BTC and ETH cold storage. However, I’ve had a few issues with it and Ledger Live isn’t my favorite. I don’t like that Live doesn’t support many of the coins that the Ledger itself supports. There are lots of coins supported that I find irrelevant, projects I don’t invest in, whereas many popular coins with lots of potential aren’t supported. Customer service has been non-existent when I need them. That said, it works well enough to continue using.

I recently ordered a Trezor Model T however because I like the idea of open source software and integration with Exodus wallet which I use for most of my altcoins. We will see how they stack up.

Trust wallet is great for monitoring your other wallets, but I don’t use it for anything else. I’m not familiar with the others. I have 95% of my assets in Ledger, Exodus, and Metamask. Between those three you can store almost any relevant coin. I have a couple others that have their own mainnet and wallet like Theta and Elrond, but that’s about it.

With so many wallets out there, I like to keep it simple and stick with what’s tried and true.

1 Like