Transition from Current/Old Proffesion to Blockchain Proffesion

Hello all, I have just recently started the course with Ivan on Tech and i am thoroughly enjoying it. The crypto space is something that really fires me up and i am obsessed with wanting to read articles, watch youtube videos and learn more about the space. I have been invested in this space now since 2017. However, i have been a fitness professional for nearly 20 years. For the last 20 years, i have completed a degree in the field and other qualifications related to the field. I have made it a goal to make myself a thorough professional in the field.

When i got into crypto in 2017, i thought to myself that if there was something that could make me change my career it would be crypto.

The main point of this post:
My Linkedin profile is geared towards management in the fitness & wellness industry. I am quite proud of my achievements and my profile. I feel that by adding certificates about blockchain, would dilute my profile as a fitness professional and people may think that (and maybe rightly so) my heart is not in the game, therefore distance themselves or look towards other profiles.

I feel like it is a bit of conflict that i am going through. I am guessing that this is all a part of an early transition into something new. “Will this work?” “Will i be successful?” “will people want to hire me?” “if nothing comes of it will i look like someone who is half hearted?”

I thought about wrecking my student counselors head but then i thought i would throw this out to the community. Maybe there are other people going through the same thing.

Would be good to read others views thoughts and opinions.

3 Likes

Yes, going through the same thing. I am not ready yet to include this on my LinkedIn profile. It’s embarrassingly out of date anyway. I have done so many different types of work that I don’t know where this will exactly fit and don’t want it look like I am just dabbling in crypto. I’d rather understand how it connects all of the other things I have done and put it together in a coherent fashion. I know that it looks like something good but don’t know what it looks like yet. I don’t want to have work harder selling myself than doing actual work. So that will be part of the equation when I know I am well on my way to making the transition. I want to be doing more than talking so I can say look at this rather than explain!

What I do think would help would be to find articles that talk about the intersection between what you can do in crypto, and post your certificates. Such as if you find an interesting article about how blockchain can be used to secure some important information in the fitness management area. Then people will understand why you would be pursuing this path and see it as deepening your knowledge and expertise rather than not being committed.

2 Likes

Hi @Cryptomania, nice to meet you.
Thank you for bringing this up, it is really good food for thought. I personally do not mind showing that I constantly learn new things and am brave to dive into unknown waters, also if this might make some people think that I spend energy in a direction they don’t understand. At the end of the day, I do not like to decide too much on the “what-will-people-think” factor, but instead keep the “how-can-I-get-where-I-want” factor higher priority. But I do not really rely on my LinkedIn profile so much, so for you it may be different.
Where in the blockchain space do you see yourself working? And when do you see yourself working full-time in the space?

Thomas

2 Likes

HI @Bhujanga, Nice to meet you too.
I am not sure exactly what i want to do in the space yet, i just know that i have this burning desire to learn more, read more, watch more and understand. In my goal setting section, i said that i would like to be employed in the space by the end of March 2022. Doing what exactly has yet to be discovered. The track that i have undertaken is to learn some programming and i am new to programming. I am currently picking off the low hanging fruit and taking the courses that grab my immediate attention before venturing down the path to understanding writing code.

1 Like

HI @karenkristina, Nice to meet you.
Thank you for your insight. Good to see that i am not the only one. I have been thinking about using minds the social media platform to post almost like a journal and log of my daily progresses, thoughts, opinions and lessons in the space. I am thinking that this may help me find my niche and give me more clarity as i transition into this space.

Welcome to the Crypto family ! Nice to meet you ! You will be just fine ! It’s great learning experience. The best place to be and exercise with beautiful people teaching them how to live free and use crypto wallets ! Best of luck !

1 Like

That would be interesting. I feel like I get a new insight every day. It takes a lot of discipline that I don’t seem to have for journaling etc. but I definitely believe it can make a big difference in working things out and getting helpful feedback.

2 Likes

Thank you! I am really enjoying learning from everyone else and to have a group to discuss blockchain, crypto etc. with. It’s an interesting adventure.

1 Like

Hello,
Im currently in this transition process and would like to hear how people has done these switches to blockchain-industry. How much did u have knowledge of blockchain/cryptos before switching to this industry? What kind of general background u have? How is your new job different to old one? How about the salary? All comments are welcome.
Im 39 and have now been working in telco-industry for some 15 years, in Callcenter, Datamining (SQL), some low level programming, process+marketing automation and managering.
In nature a techperson more than manager. Have had enough meetings and would like to switch corporation life to some new and exciting. Have been now in Ivans academy for some couple of weeks and it has been great. Preparing for the “jump”, its kind of big thing cause I think I earn well and have two kids to feed. So feels a bit risky move but I feel that currently I have kind of deadend situation with my current job.
Are there any others who have been in the same situation? Would love to hear!