Team not a Family

1. Why don’t we call the Moralis Team a family?
  2. What would be a better analogy for the Moralis team than a family?
  3. How do members of an elite sports team treat each other?
  4. What is the role of a Moralis Manager?
  5. What do Moralis Team Members demand?
  6. Is Moralis for you?
  7. What is important to remember about being let go or seeing someone else being let go?
  8. What is your personal view on this approach?
  1. We are not a family
  2. A team
  3. We are strong enough as our weakest member
  4. A team leader
  5. Be competitive and professional as the best team out there
  6. Yes
  7. Is a natural part of the process
  8. We choose to stay or go

as Mexican and being around hispanic teams, this is a thing to change!;
talent density a high performer teams, looking for results; only business where both the talent and the company agree with the mission and vision and of course compensation. it may not be forever.
; family is a commitment for life.

1. What would be a better analogy for the Moralis team than a family?

a professional team that wants to win championships; there would be a coach that put the best players in each position. Zero shame if let go.

1. How do members of an elite sports team treat each other?

Support, respect, care, celebrate, console loses, know each other so well, the coach swaps players to keep the best in the position.

1. What is the role of a Moralis Manager?

have the great talent in the right project or task to perform in that job, provide feedback

1. What do Moralis Team Members demand?

demand excellence, count on the coach, expect feedback, effort is not enough.
have great collaborative skills (pass the ball)

1. Is Moralis for you?

it depends on the position; but looking forward to be a high talent in web3 :slight_smile: I loved these core values and be part of the family, sorry the teamv :hushed: crap… no jokes!)

1. What is important to remember about being let go or seeing someone else being let go?

nothing is forever, we have to move on and zero shame. there may be a higher talent than me or i may be a better talent at that given moment.

1. What is your personal view on this approach?
    Oh man I am eager to contribute in small iterations, have feedback-loops see results in gradual iterations rather big scopes with long processes, complex organization and few results.
1 Like
    The Moralis Team is not a family because Moralis focuses on CREDIT, while a family is a supportive group of people, who have a lifelong commitment to you. A family that most often won’t love or support you any less if you aren’t competitive, constantly improving yourself, or showing the same kind of results that a company would expect.

A better analogy for the Moralis Team would be an Elite Team.

Members of an elite sports team:

• Are very close

• Support, respect, and care for one another

• Celebrate wins together

• Console loses together

• Know each other very well

• Are NOT a family

Like in sports, the role of a Moralis Manager is to:
  • Make sure all positions are filled with the best possible performers for the job to ensure talent density.

• Work on creating strong feelings of commitment, cohesion, and comradery.

• Continuously make tough decisions ensuring the best person is manning each position.

Moralis Team Members demand:
  • Excellence.

• That the coach/manager position is filled by the best person at any given time.

• That the team aims high (big goals).

• Candid and continuous feedback from the coach (manager) and from each other about opportunities to up their performance.

• A for performance.

• Great collaboration skills.

1. Is Moralis for you?
    Yes! I definitely see myself working in this company. I’m also very glad to see there are places changing the “normal” and advancing in different more innovative ways.

2. What is important to remember about being let go or seeing someone else being let go?
    To know that there’s Zero Shame in that because we get to know from the start that Moralis, like an Olympic team, is constantly looking for the best person for the job to maintain Talent Density and to move “from good to great”.

3. What is your personal view on this approach?
    I think it is refreshing to find a place where excellence is expected and anything less is not accepted. At the same time, it is great to see the spirit behind Moralis, and the way you can see they treat people well no matter what, even if they decided someone is not the right person for the job anymore.

1 Like

• A family doesn’t care about performance, and contribution, and flaws. They support each other no matter what, this is not how a sucessful company is run.
  • Moralis values Talent Density, Results, Efficiency, Always pushing the wagon, holding each other to high standards
  • We work together as long as you are the best person for the job, and you work for the job as long as its the best job for you

Elite sports team

• really close
  • support one another
  • respect each other
  • care for each other
  • celebrate wins together
  • console loses together
  • know each other so well that they can move as one without speaking
    but not family, coach swaps and trades players to ensure talent density

Ensure that each team runs as an elite sports team.

• all positions are filled with the best performers for the job
  • create a strong feeling of commitment, cohesion and comradery
  • Make tough decisions to ensure best person is manning each position

• Demand excellence
  • Count on the manager to fill every position with the best
  • Demand team is aiming high and has big goals in sight
  • Expect candid feedback from coach and each other on how to up their performance
  • Effort isn’t enough - They need an A for performance and effort
  • Great collaboration skills
  • Only way to win - is the team to win together

6. Is Moralis for you?

• Yes, I want to work with the best, be the best and achievement great things. I am playing for legacy, I am playing to win. And to be a core contributor on the winning team.

7. What is important to remember about being let go or seeing someone else being let go?

• Zero shame - just like an elite sports team, there is no shame of being replaced

• This is the way to build a highly sucessful business, performance is what matters in the real world, how much value we give to our clients. We all will be happier, when we have a great team and everyone is a top performer.
1 Like

because Moralis act as an elite sports team rather than a family

an elite team

“1. That are really close
2. Support one another
3. Respect each other
4. Care for each other
5. Celebrate wins together
6. Console loses together
7. Know each other so well that they can move as one without speaking
8. But they are NOT a family
9. The coach swaps and trades players to ensure talent density”

“1. All positions are filled with the best possible performers for the job
2. Work on creating strong feelings of commitment, cohesion and comradery - just like in sports
3. Continuously make tough decisions ensuring the best person is manning each position”

“1. Demand Excellence
2. Count on the coach/manger that every position is filled by the best person at any given time
3. Demand that the team is aiming high and has big goals in sight
4. Expect candid and continuous feedback from the coach (manager) and from each other about how to up their game and performance
5. Know that effort isn’t enough - if they get an A for effort but B for performance - they will be swapped out for someone else who can get an A for performance
6. Have great collaboration skills - collaboration and trust is always high in elite teams - the reason is that only highly skilled people with great collaboration skills are allowed to play
1. You can’t be amazing at the game if you can’t play together with other people
7. Know that the only way to win - is for the team to win together”

6. Is Moralis for you?

I have found Web3 and blockchain a big opportunity and Moralis in my mind can be the greatest opportunity for everyone. it is obvious that working in Moralis with elite professionals is not an easy task and it is a sign of that how the opportunity is big.

there is not any shame in it.
a fast pace environment needs new perspectives and mythologies. until now Moralis has achieved very big things in the market and it is a sign that their methodologies work well.

1 Like
  1. Moralis does not operate on the same premises as a family, so calling it a family would inaccurately label it as such.

2. Moralis is an Elite Team.

3. Members of an elite team respect, support and know each other very well.

4. To make sure that the team is winning, and operating as best as it can.

5. Fellow team members demand excellence.

6. The more I learn about Moralis the more excited I get, as my knowledge of it grows so does my admiration for what it truly is. I can see that Moralis is an elite level team and playing as a part of that team is something I see myself relishing.

7. It’s a part of the process, there is no shame in it. Don’t let it waver you from the mission at hand.

8. When you have goals like Moralis you need rocket fuel to get you there. This approach is how you create rocket fuel. The finest quality ingredients and the best recipe are a necessity. I feel that Moralis has been designed and constructed as such for a definite purpose.

1 Like

While family is for life - Moralis may not be.

A better analogy would be to call Moralis an elite sports team.

2. are really close

3. Support one another

4. Respect each other

5. Care for each other

6. Celebrate wins together

7. Console loses together

8. Know each other so well that they can move as one without speaking

9. What is the role of a Moralis Manager?

10. All positions are filled with the best possible performers for the job

11. Work on creating strong feelings of commitment, cohesion and comradery - just like in sports

12. Continuously make tough decisions ensuring the best person is manning each position

13. What do Moralis Team Members demand?

Demand Excellence.

1. Is Moralis for you?

Yes, as I want to be in the winning team.

1. What is important to remember about being let go or seeing someone else being let go?

There is zero shame in being let go. Just like with an elite sports team - there is no shame in being replaced.

I agree. People change, goals, values can change which won’t be a good fit anymore, so it’s better to leave than struggle and even destroy a good team.

1 Like

Moralis Web3 as an Elite Sports Team :eyes:

• We don’t call ourselves a family at Moralis because of our values, while the family is for life - Moralis may not be.
  • A way the better comparison to Moralis is an elite sports team.
  • At Moralis - we are an elite team of professionals. Just like in an elite sports team - we deeply care for each other and support each other.
  • All Moralis Managers are working to ensure that each team runs as an elite sports team.
  • All Moralis Team Members need to be seen as professional athletes and one must know that the only way to win is for the team to win together.
  • Who wouldn’t want to be with a winning team? Whose culture is warm, welcoming, and supportive. That’s the only way to win bigger with achievement and to continuously upgrade. Yes, definitely Moralis is an ideal team and company🚀
  • Time to move on to sieze the next opportunity ahead. The company has shifted priorities and where Moralis is heading requires new talents for the role.
  • The approach of “Being let go or moving on yourself” is really on point. It’s a great approach, I’m down with the program.:100:
1 Like
    Family is for life, Moralis may not be. Family supports each other no matter what. At Moralis, support is conditional on performance.

Elite team of professionals.

They are a group of individuals who support each other, celebrate wins, console losses. Coach swaps and trades players to ensure high talent density.

Ensures that all positions are filled with the best performers for the job. Work to create strong feelings of comradery.

Excellence

6. Is Moralis for you?
    Yes, so long as I value great achievements over job security.

There is zero shame.

It’s best for everyone - the company, the individual, the team, the customer.

1 Like
  1. Moralis is not called a family, because a family is something totally different than what the company looks for. A family tolerates averageness. A family is also a life commitment, compared to a job where you actually change it. Individual performance is not taken into account in a family.

2. An elite sports team is a better analogy for a Moralis team.

3. An elite sports team is like a family, but not actually. You know them very well, you spend maybe more time with them than with your family. You care for each other, you respect each other. You celebrate wins together and you console losses together. They know each other so well that you move forward together without speaking.

4. The Moralis manager (coach) needs to ensure that they have the best person on each position. It is completely fine if that changes, and there is no shame if someone is let go from the elite team.

5. A Moralis team member should be like a professional athlete: to drive for excellence, to expect feedback from peers, to be aware that effort is not enough without performance. Besides these, also having communication and collaboration skills is key within a high performing team.

6. I think Moralis is for me because I do not value job security over great achievements and and I really enjoy the culture Moralis is putting upfront. I enjoy working with high skilled individuals and I of course enjoy being on the winning team :slight_smile:

7. The main thing to remember is that there should be no shame if you are let go, or you see somebody let go.

8. I very much like this approach because like any elite football club, that is the way in which you win the Champions League. Sometimes you need to make tough decisions in order to achieve monumental heights.

1 Like
  1. We don’t call Moralis a family because we have a more professional perspective on things that we value very much such as Talent Density, Result, Efficiency… we are a team.
  2. A relationship - as long as we like each other, we’d do everything to keep the other happy… or like an elite sports team…
  3. We deeply care for each other and support each other.
  4. A Moralis manages ensures that positions are filled with best performers, and creates a strong bond of camaraderie.
  5. Excellence
  6. For the last few days I’ve been having so much fun learning new things. I’m enjoying having new ideas flow inside my head whenever I am showed new parts of my responsibilities. And if one day it is decided that I don’t get to stay, I’d just be very appreciative with the experience that I have made here.
  7. That it is okay
  8. I’m not against it. I respect it. And it’s not something new to me having to have worked in corporate jobs for years now.
1 Like
  1. Because we value talent density, results, and efficiency. While family is for life, Moralis won’t be. People move on once they don’t feel motivated, compensated, etc.
  2. Elite Team.
  3. We care and support each other. We win and lose together.
  4. Kind of like a coach. They make sure all positions are filled with elite people.
  5. We demand excellence. We aim high and make sure everyone is striving for those high goals, if not you get swapped.
  6. Yes!
  7. There is zero shame. Playing at the highest level means it’s an achievement on its own.
  8. I think aiming high and setting massive goals with a dedicated team is where the magic happens - and nothing else should be accepted. If players don’t want to put in the hours and create something great, then maybe this team isn’t for you. No hard feelings, 100% transparency.
1 Like

1.Because we value things that are not mandatory in a family, such as talent density, results, efficiency, pushing the wagon, holding each other to high standards.
2.Elite sports team.
3.We care for each other and support each other.
4.Managers are working to ensure that each team runs as an elite sports team and elite team member, every position being filled with the best person.
5.Demand excellence, expect and give feedback, count on the coach, effort is not enough, have great collaboration skills.
6.If you value being on the winning team.
7.There is zero shame in being let go or move on yourself.
8.I think it’s pretty awesome to be part of a team who’s striving for excellence and who has the same values, works hard and is a team player in all aspects.

1 Like
    Because a family and Moralis seek, get and expect different things

An elite sports team

They are really close, support, respect one another, celebrate wins and console loses together and know each other so well they can move without speaking but the manager has to swap players to ensure talent density

They ensure that positions are filled with the best possible performers for the job, work on creating feelings of commitment, cohesion and comradery even if that requires making tough decisions

Excelence, aiming high, collaboration, results, team skills and correct management to achieve all that

6. Is Moralis for you?
    Definitely. I like to win, to achieve the best possible things and to take part in changing the world with a team of the best people

That sometimes it is the moment to let go, it doesn’t mean you are bad, it just might mean that that person and Moralis have different priorities at that moment, even if they used to have the same previously and now have changed. There is zero shame in this happening

If you want to be at the edge, have the biggest impact possible and play with the best team, which will get that, you have to understand that you need to be at that level and adapt to the changing environment but maintaining the expected quality

1 Like

Moralis values Talent Density… Results and Efficiency are priorities
We hold each other to high standards. While family is for life, Moralis may not be. A family might accept average, while Moralis will not.

An elites sports team of professionals. Just like in an elite sports team, we deeply care for each other and support each other.

• They are really close
• Support one another
• Respect each other
• Care for each other
• Celebrate wins together
• Console loses together
• Know each other so well that they can move as one without speaking
• The coach swaps and trades players to ensure talent density

• Make sure all positions are filled with the best possible performers for the job to ensure talent density.
• Work on creating strong feelings of commitment, cohesion, and comradery.
• Continuously make tough decisions ensuring the best person is manning each position.

• Excellence.
• That the coach/manager position is filled by the best person at any given time.
• That the team aims high (big goals).
• Candid and continuous feedback from the coach (manager) and from each other about opportunities to up their performance.
• A for performance.
• Great collaboration skills.
• Know that the only way to win - is for the team to win together

1. Is Moralis for you?

Yes Morales is for me. The more I learn the more excited I get about what I am learning and the possibilities. I am excited to learn as much as I can. I would love to be part of an elite team making a positive difference.

There is zero shame in being let go. Just like with an elite sports team - there is no shame in being let go or leaving for whatever reason. Having been on a winning team is an achievement.

I agree and respect this approach. It is a welcoming, accepting environment which promotes the best and greatest results. What might be the best fit for all involved at the time may not be the best fit forever and the freedom to leave with no shame and their head held high is a gift and an achievement.