Provenance Homework

1. How does blockchain enable digital provenance?
    The lesson described putting items on the blockchain like etching in stone. Architecture of a provenance is collected as an intact immutable record on the ledger.
  2. Why doesn’t a normal database bring the same provenance?
    From beginning to end, information or ingredients cannot be audited for validity or delivery without delay and loss. Normal databases maintain individual checks and hold information private. The data or product can be altered, contaminated or counterfeited.
  3. Why is digital provenance such a great benefit to many businesses?
    Businesses will perform more efficiently. They will save time and money. Seamless transactions are more possible from concept to finalization. Assurance via blockchain can be confirmed from start to finish. Any infarction throughout the process can be identified quicker than using a normal database. Corruption will be easier to identify. Blockchain development will help enable a level playing field.
1 Like

Hello sir, glad to know that you have answered your questions.
But you posted them into the wrong topic. We need you to post it in the correct topic so our team can review your homework properly :slight_smile: .

Please just copy your and reply the same here:
https://forumtest.ivanontech.com/t/homework-on-provenance-questions/8423?u=thecil

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

I don’t understand how to post the homework answers. I click the link and it goes to where others have posted. I don’t see an entry or guide how to post my work.

You need to go into the homework topic, then click on the reply button in the bottom right corner of the post.
The reply box will show up and then type your answers as usual :).

Hope you find this useful.
If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like
  1. You cannot remove data from a blockchain. This makes things traceable and more secure overall.
  2. On a regular database you can edit or remove information. Higher chance of fraudulent behavior.
  3. Provenance is a benefit for businesses because it is trustless, it removes the middle man so to say.
1 Like

Hi @ccuccme, welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: your answers are correct! However, please next time answer your question into the thread that is linked in the homework so we can have an overall view of all the answers that are related :slight_smile: this thread was created by accident.

1 Like