NoSQL Databases

Welcome to the discussion about this lecture. Here you can ask questions or post feedback about this specific lecture.

1 Like

Pros and Cons - NoSQL Database

NoSQL are databases that offer means of storing data other than tabular relations, using relational databases.

NoSQL doesn’t do Tables or Relationships

In NoSQL you don’t have to comply to a specific structure, and your data can change structure as you go.

So you have simpler horizontal scaling to clusters of machines.

NoSQL Databases are more flexilble - no specific structure - so more scalable - simpler to model and to structure data.

NoSQL has Eventual Consistency - updates are typically resolved within milliseconds -.

Motivation for NoSQL includes horizontal scaling to clusters which means that we can add data centers - it’s easy to add new computers to the database - the data needs to be synced to all your computers and data centers.

In NoSQL we make a trade off between scale and consistency and the scale and safety of the data.
Good use case for NoSQL - AI model that you want to train and use deep learning - you just want to stream information that is coming in gigabytes from the sensors in the field - e.g. training AI model to predict weather - in this instance you don’t need the latest information because it’s just a data stream - that maybe comes in every hour - NoSQL would be a good choice because you don’t need relations and you don’t need a complicated structure, and you’re not worried about small inconsistencies.

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to reach the lesson " NoSQL Databases"

I’ve got the following message: " Oops!

That wasn’t supposed to happen. Please try again in a few minutes."

Could the support check it please?

Hey @alemr, hope you are ok.

I have checked the lesson https://academy.ivanontech.com/lessons/nosql-databases

The video loads perfect for me, try again but with another browser (could be that your browser runs an adblock or something that is blocking the videos).

Carlos Z