Non-programming jobs

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has a list of non-techy/non-programming jobs in crypto. Someone mentioned project management in a post somewhere. Is there anything else? I currently work in healthcare and am interested in working for a tech company. I want to be part of this blockchain revolution because it interests me and I spend a lot of time learning about it. I’m having trouble figuring out how my skills can be relevent in a completely different industry, and I’ve never done project management before. I’m not really interested in Customer service because I want to be part of the creation aspect that doesn’t involve programming. Doing the questionnaire from this course, it seems like learning to invest and trading would make more sense for me, but I do want to work for a company. Any suggestions?

There’s a lot of non-techy jobs in crypto industry. Project Management, Community Management, Sales, Customer Support, Design, HR, Finance, etc. If you join a large company you will find all types of roles. The easiest way to switch careers into crypto is to try to find a balance between your previous experience and your next role. If you work in healthcare then maybe you have some knowledge about pharma and you can join a project that innovates in supply chain management for pharma using blockchain tech. That’s of course a silly example but I hope my point was clear. Sometimes it can be very difficult to find overlapping areas. In that case maybe is best to look for jobs where you have some transferrable skills that can apply to your next role. For example if you are a very social person or have great communication skills you can do online videos teaching content, be a CM, etc. If you have good organizational skills and know how to run tools like Windows Workflow and Google Forms, you can work in Operations: I’ve seen some people without a formal education working in Operations roles for companies like Binance. They are mostly supporting other teams running internal tasks and tools that take a lot of time. You can also do user research and run Focus Groups to learn how users interact with user interfaces if you take some additional courses on UX design. To summarize, you can find all types of roles in crypto nowadays, it really depends on what you want to do and can do best :slight_smile:

Hi cesc, thank you so much for the detailed and thoughtful response. I have thought about supply chain and pharma but now that I’m reading what you wrote, even though you said it was a silly example, it actually sounds like a good idea haha.

I also love the idea of UX design since I dislike a lot of the user interfaces since they aren’t very intuitive. Do you happen to know any UX designers, or does anybody here, or is anybody here one? I’d like to ask a few questions to see if being a UX designer will be right for me. Thanks!

Feel the exact same.
It seems that community manager in the metaverse is highly requested. I’m looking on a daily basis and trying to figure out the same.
Familiarity with telegram,discord and twitter and github are highly recommendable.
If you find something let me know! Thanks!

I used to think the crypto community was pretty tight but I’ve been looking for a crypto job for the last 3 years (non programming) and no luck. I’ve even been on the volunteer roster for a well-known crypto site but even that doesn’t garner much attention. Anyway, I’ve started my own LLC with the aims of generating affiliate commissions but still hold out hope I can have multiple streams of income, even if it’s a part time support role.