Javascript 101 changed, lost progress

Did anyone else lose their progress in Javascript 101 after the website changes? I was around 75% finished and hadn’t logged in for a while. I really don’t want to do everything again and it appears the course is different now also.

The old one has been closed because we have release a modern course for JavaScript, we have updated it with new tools and lessons that was not explained in detail with the old one. The new one have some similarities with the old one, you can catch up quickly. Sorry for the inconveniences.

6 Likes

Yes i had the same. But the new one is indeed better.

3 Likes

i am agree your information is interesting and good question.

2 Likes

Yes, had completed nearly 60-70 % of the old version of JavaScript.
Had assumed a loss on time invested. However while trying out the new version was pleasantly surprised and thankful. The updated study material is much easier and familiarize with the current tech, applications and language used. Worth the additional time required to gain back progress.
However Moralis team, would have appreciated a notification informing the update and removal of the old version.

4 Likes

Yeah, same situation: got back on track and this is probably the course I’m foccusing durjg my current subscription, but I had just started and left the forum exercises for later anyways…
I trust the academy’s team decisions and cool that it’s up to date specially regarding Moralis SDK, bit would appreciate being able to access the old version because I highly clicked with Ivan’s didatic and motivational way of teaching, making every step easier, so I would like to be able to jump to it sometimes /in paralell to the current updated lessons.
reasons to check the YT channel I guess ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Same for me, I reluctantly started again after a medical break (and after trying to enter where I was previously) but now I have done it from the beginning I am glad as the new update (and software) is well worth it.

Good luck and enjoy!

2 Likes

Hey @GrettaIsBack, hope you are well.

I know some students were doing the old JS course, we take it out because we have updated it with the new JS course, although the old was very nice, it was about time to updated to more modern practices, i know it was kinda forced to you (the students), but keep in mind that we want you to learn the modern practices, so we took the decision to drop the old JS course.

I hope you find this new course way better than the old one, and sorry for the inconveniences we made.

Carlos Z

2 Likes

your good question and good information but i am not idea.