Introduction to Blockchain Games - Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread about this lecture section. Here you can feel free to discuss the topic at hand and ask questions.

You don’t actually have to make a whole game to participate in ENJ. It occurs to me we’re all going to start making on-line vending machine websites to sell ENJ-minted items to players to use in other people’s games. I’m already designing my brand.

3 Likes

After extensive discussion with some game devs on the ENJ Discord thread (and being called an idiot by everyone): forget it. Developers insist on hand-crafting in-game objects in their game for each tokenized ENJ item. Nobody’s willing to use raw metadata as the game object in their games. There is no universal ENJ object protocol. ENJ is not the open-world, multi-game panacea its sold as.

1 Like

Yeah, most devs probably don’t. The point is that you can attach data there for applications to pull standardized information from. This is very helpful for users since this will be displayed in the Enjin wallet. Other game devs doesn’t have to care necessarily, even though that would be the utopia.

2 Likes

Is the reason they don’t care for interoperability between games because there’s no big successful blockchain game item or service yet? If there was a critically successful blockchain game, I would think everyone would be trying to copy those game items’ metadata and incorporate it as some kind of item in their own game.

What (economic) incentive do they currently have to collaborate to such an extensive degree with other games or just raw metadata producers? I can’t think of much outside of idealistic projection.

Yeah maybe that’s the case. But as I said previously, I don’t see why interoperability is a big thing. But maybe it is. Not sure there are any good incentives atm.

1 Like