Introduce yourself

Hello,

My name is Wade and I was lucky enough to sign up for the xmas deal with under 10 mins left. Got into bitcoin by going to a meetup 4 years ago. I am hoping to build some fun stuff to take my mind off the bear market.

Hi everyone,
i’m john and i’m a freelance marketer currently working for an ecommerce store :slight_smile:

Hi All, My name is Chris. I only started to get serious about crypto around 6 months ago. Soon after I looked into this space I started building my own project, its call ZΞD. I am currently testing it on the MetaMask Ropsten test network and will have it on Main-net soon. As this is an intro post if you are curious just google ZED.RUN. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Hi,
My name is Kieran. I’m Head of Blockchain at Blockboxx and lead developer of BitcoinHEX. I’ve been involved with blockchain for some time writing GPU miners initially.

Hello there, my name is Chris Lo and I am from Malaysia. I have learned about cryptocurrency and blockchain in late 2017. My day job? I have been working in IT for about 12 years(since 2006) in the infra and now into the cloud. Why I am here? well personally I just find that many of my peers and even programming gurus that I know of in my community space here does not trully know about cryptocurrency, the most that they know is smart contract and the basics. It got me frustrated that I get excited but… nobody truly know about cryptocurrency and how it can make the www 3.0 and its decentralization in the way businesses operate, even when blockchain is the new keyword (after the trends of big data and even containerization docker etc)…yet nobody ever have the mindset of how things would work in a non centralized manner. People from the infrastructure or network would be able to picture things in a diagram, maybe because of that it is easier to get the whole picture. But again we are still in the early stone age of this new revolution and that is why we need to make steps for innovation. So for the ones like us whom know how this works, we can do the part to make the end user more comfortable in using this new technology. I dont see how it cannot come into realization, well a decade ago many old people dont know how to use an email, however nowadays even grandma has an email address. So… let us create

Hi guys, I am the Founder and President of the first french STUDENT association focused on the blockchain technology : https://kryptosphere.fr/en We are currently 61 across 5 Business and engineering Schools in France. Waiting a lot from thoses courses for our students !! :wink:

PS : Ivan, we will contact you soon for proposals !

Have a nice coding night guys !

Hi Ivan
I am a public health professional and following your channels quite some time. I am interested in introducing technologies in health programme in different countries. I am excited to learn about Blockchain and introduce into the health programme, especially in immunisation supply chain management. I have already initiated a pilot project, and I hope your course will help me to learn further to improve my project.

1 Like

Hello all,

I am so glad I finally got around to follow this course. I’ve had programming experience in the past but never with blockchain

Can’t wait to start. And really I’m so happy that even after months this course launched, there are sitll new students starting it every day.

Cheers and a happy new year

Hey him Dominic !
I’m a web developper … since the web didn’t even existed.
Started coding when I was young on a texas instrument TI-99 …
Then on pc’s and finally internet came to be !

So since then I’ve been coding website’s …
php, mysql, centos setup, some jquery …

Also love to do some arduino projects :wink:

Finally have a bit of spare time to look at the course I’ve bought almost a year ago !

if ($this == ‘community’) ‘smash up the likes’;
else ‘go to google and search for one ;)’;

1 Like

Hello everyone,
I’m Jo and I’m just embarking on Ivan’s programming course, with some trepidation it has to be said. I’m probably one of the oldest people in this space at 50ish but I’m not going to let that get in the way! My background is in programming for businesses starting with Cobol then Pick, then lastly SQL, Ingres and C. My experience was mostly designing and writing commercial point of sale and back-office applications. I stopped working in 2004 in order to have a 2nd child and have been a homemaker ever since.

I caught the crypto bug back in December 2017 and unfortunately invested quite a bit :sweat_smile: but fortunately found Good Morning Crypto at about the same time and have been watching nearly every day since! I decided to have a go at the course to see if it suits me as I’d like to take up a new career now that the children are nearly grown.

I live in the countryside between London and Brighton in beautiful Sussex, England and my interests include gardening, baking, ale, wine and having a nice time :grinning:

Good luck with the courses everyone!

1 Like

Hi my names Denise, greetings from Australia I just started Ivan great videos ! I got into crypto accidentally as i was looking for a distraction… learning so much some days my brain is fried lolz

Hello World. I am Bob. I started buying a few crypto in 2013. The little price bumps paid my credit card bills for a few years. Then in 2017 I caught the July pop of Ethereum and the money and I both got serious. I’ve been watching Ivan religiously ever since.

I am a recovering rocket scientist. I code in Fortran, C, and Matlab for a living…for the military…which is crushing my soul. I don’t remember much from grad school 20 years ago, so I’m ripe for a retraining. My passion is to build the next brave new world. I see crypto as the foundation, and the best weapon against the corruption of the world today.

I just finished the Deep Fundamentals course and I feel 1000x wiser than when I started. I can’t wait to get my hands dirty coding smart contracts. I did 16 years in the spacecraft flight software test world so I’m used to the “light it and forget it” maintenance plan. We don’t ship until we can prove you can’t shake it apart…with rockets. I think I bring the right TDD mindset and temperament to the crypto space. I also did 8 years in tool UI design (and test, of course), so I’m used to the callback “squirrel chase”…and how to generate automated tests to tie the squirrels down.

Thank you guys SO much for this life-changing course. I can’t wait to see what’s possible here.

Oh…and I’m the “cartoon bubble guy”. I like to take notes in 3D. Worse: I like to share my notes with random strangers both to cement my knowledge by re-teaching it and to evangelize my friends and neighbors about the good news of crypto! See you soon !

3 Likes

Hi guys. I’m vasilis. I’m clueless about programming but I hope I can learn here. Been in the crypto sphere as a holder and interested in for a couple years. Cheers

Hi Bob,
welcome,
I am a student too,
very interesting your “Introduce yourself”.
What sw do you use to make this 3D notes?
Thanks,
CarlosM

Hey people!

I’m a musician, music teacher (Ableton Certified trainer) and PhD student. The main reason I’m here is for the latter!

My research focus is on supporting teachers in their integration of technology.

I’d like to do this in an online environment.

And I’d like to incorporate the blockchain!

I have no programming experience so would like to develop a deeper understanding… :slight_smile:

Hi Dr. Solomon,

Your research sounds interesting. I would love to hear more!

I’m currently studing for a PhD at University College London and I’m interested in blockchain’s implications for education.

Hope to hear from you :slight_smile:

Hi Mr Parker
Good to hear from you. Yes Blockchain will change the way do our business in all areas. My major vision is introducing this technology in health program especially in immunization. I have already started in some countries. I have already started a pilot project; for that I am teaching about blockchain for many to justify my project. I will let you know the detail if I pass through the challenges. Major problem what I am facing when talking about blockchain people talk about bitcoin, volatility, energy all sort of rubish with lack of understanding. We are far a head from many…

I (ab)use ThortSpace. I’d almost recommend it. It works great, but it’s…quirky. It’s certainly the best available in the mind-mapping software space, and the only one that has any 3D aspects.

2 Likes

For example here’s my ThortSpace of the entire “BlockChain Fundamentals” course. The programming course will be much smaller, but have several orbiting moons, one for each language. https://thort.space/168237003/invite_code/3_J0a-nIdaviVmyzp00ote

1 Like

Whats the craic guys,

Keith from Ireland, have been involved in Blockchain in one way or another since 2015 and have been working in the sector for about a year now. I have zero knowledge when it comes to programming so I
picked up the Smart Contract course to change that. Looking forward to being more active here on the forum :).