Hyperledger Interaction - Discussion

Welcome to the discussion about this lecture. Here you can ask questions or post feedback about this specific lecture.

3 Likes

Hi Filip I would like to know the difference between a REST API and a RESTfull API. Thanks

1 Like

It’s the same thing but different ways to describe it.

REST is a style of software architecture. Restful is used to refer to web services implementing that architecture.

8 Likes

In which scenario would the REST API most probably be used to communicate with the Hyperledger Fabric Blockchain?

Why is the answer which involves a mobile app is incorrect? Meaning, it is the same front-end as the website.
Moreover, the website content can be rendered by the back end templating engine (like PHP or NodeJS script). This “old school” technique might be applied to the apps of developing markets with limited bandwidth (like Africa). Which makes a mobile app an even more viable option in my opinion.

@filip, please let me know about your reasoning behind “why the mobile app answer is incorrect”.

P.S. I know I’m overthinking a bit but I guess the answer options can somehow improved to be less ambiguous. Not sure about a good alternative, though.

2 Likes

Yes that’s a good point. Both should be perfectly valid answers. I have updated the quiz. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just wanted to note that my internet connection kept crashing while taking the quiz. It would’ve been 5/5.

3 Likes

hai filip, in the answer nomber 5, i get invalid but the correct answer is the same as my answer, maybe something wrong with the function :slight_smile: thank you for the lecture, anyway, about the Hyperledger Composer, have you found the other example?i havent watch any because the notification under the intro part…

1 Like

Hello sir, did you refer to this quiz?

Quiz: Hyperledger Interaction.

If is not that one, please post the link so we can check it ASAP. Thank you for notice it!

If you have any doubt, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

My bad, turnsout i miss spelled block with extra -s huhuuhu sorry guys my bad, but i passed anyway right?hahaha @filip, anyway, can i ask u a question about xooa.com ? do you know about them, i check out their dashboard able to do test with several blockchain mode…thanks for all

1 Like

i mistake seeing the difference of spelling :sweat_smile:sorry to make u worry there :pray:

1 Like

To be honest, i haven’t hear about them, but it could be worth to give him a look! :face_with_monocle:

You could try it yourself if they have somekind of free version or demo. I can research more on them by tomorrow, please send me a PM to remind me to do it, probably could be interesting.

If you have any doubt, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Hi @filip, this section on APIs answers ths issue i raised in the last Composer section related to application end users finding the HyperLedger interface not so user-friendly.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @thecil do you see a trend starting that we are moving more and more from hyperledger to perimissionless solutions (like etherium). Is it about the same what happened a couple of years ago from moving on premise infrastructure to cloud for company’s. Only point you need to keep in mind what kind of data you store in permissionless solutions (GDPR compliance).

2 Likes

Correct sir, blockchain is not going to solve all the issues, for immutable data, transparent and reliable process for companies is a attractive option, but for other kind of use cases is still worth it to stay with normal databases. Hyperledger bring the best from both sides and present a decent solution that could fit in most companies that are looking for a way to share some of their data with the security advantage that blockchain offers.

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Hello team, just by way of feedback. The mouse keeps skipping across the screen in the video
Introduction - Hyperledger Interaction & Integration

1 Like

I could not believed that I passed this quiz in one go, the last question I used common sense and passed…lol. There was 1 quiz I did it 3 times and the rest did them in one go.

2 Likes

Man… my mind is blown. I think i got very lost somewhere…

1 Like

The four example flow charts are very helpful understanding the concepts presented. I am not a programmer / this is all new to me. Does the URL address only work within the Fabric REST API?
(Does it also play into the Fabric Client and CLI in examples 1, 2 & 4?) (If so how?)
Thank you in advance…

rjr
2021-04-19T04:00:00Z

1 Like

IN the Quiz - can you please explain why the query code answer was …Blocks/0 and not …Block/0 (I guessed block because of “Genesis Block” - is this just a piece of common industry knowledge ?)

rjr
2021-04-19T04:00:00Z

Hey @rjrezza, hope you are ok.

Which URL did you mean? the fabric playground? sadly it has been deprecated long time ago.

Is just the basic structure to get data from a fabric node, it should be:
[your IP address]:[port]/chain/blocks/0

First you provide your IP address and port, then the query for the block is at the folder “chain”, then at folder “blocks” and finally you call the block you need (this case is the 0 block, known also has genesis block)

Carlos Z