Homework on Provenance - Answers

Continuing the discussion from Homework on Provenance - Questions:

13 Likes

Hi @travln1. Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:
Glad you answered your homework. Can you please post your answer to the topic the homework relates to, it is easier for us to review them :slight_smile:

Just copy and paste your answer here:
https://forumtest.ivanontech.com/t/homework-on-provenance-questions/8423

1 Like

I’m sorry but I don’t see where I’m supposed to post? When I click on your link its already posted, Do I just hit replay and post there? This online stuff is confusing, I’d like to post and stay on track but I think this is going to be the toughest part of the course for me. Lol First online community I’ve joined because they are all very confusing.

Yes you just click the reply button and post in the thread, you can also check the other answers ant try to engage in discussions to get a hang of it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow that’s what I thought I did. Don’t know what went wrong there.

1. You cannot remove data from a blockchain so this makes things traceable

2. You can remove data from a regular database

3. Provenance is a benefit becuase businesses dont have to trust, they can verify and trace data

1 Like

Hi @CryptoBrooklyn and welcome to the forum :slight_smile: Your answers are correct, however can you please answer your further home work in the right thread, this one was created by accident by another user a while ago :slight_smile:

3 Likes

okay will do, thanks

1 Like

Homework on Provenance Answers

How does blockchain enable digital provenance?
1-By allowing to track the provenance of a transaction.

Why doesn’t a normal database bring the same provenance?
2- There’s no centralized authority or administrator that can modify the data as in normal databases.

Why is digital provenance such a great benefit to many businesses?
3- It allows to prove the origin of their good or services in a trust less way

1 Like

Hi @vgimenez! :slight_smile: Welcome to the forum! :smiley: You posted the answer in the wrong thread, please next time post your answer to the thread that is linked in the course.

1 Like

1-Realtime tracking of a transaction.

Why doesn’t a normal database bring the same provenance?
2- There’s no authority that can corrupt the data as in normal databases.

Why is digital provenance such a great benefit to many businesses?
3- It is a trust less system.

1 Like

Hi @Elvan, welcome to the forum :slight_smile: your answer is correct but please next time reply to the thread that is linked in the homework, this one was created by accident.

2 Likes