Deploying to Testnet - Discussion

Hello,

I’m am very much enjoying this course and appreciate your style of lecture. I have currently run into the following problem and am unsure of how to progress. I requested from Faucet test ETH and in my Metamask activity I am shown that the Tx has been approved but am not seeing a balance in my wallet. Has anyone experienced this issue? Is it common for there to be a lag time for when the balance actually shows in one’s wallet? Thank you for your time

AKB

1 Like

Hey @AKB_25, hope you are good.

Now I suggest to use the https://ropsten.etherscan.io/ so you can check the balance on the explorer for the ropsten network, if the etherscan show you the correct balance of your ropsten ETH , maybe your metamask is just buggy or does not show the correct amount, is really weird.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

If you’re having trouble finding a faucet on Ropsten, this one is working well for me:

https://faucet.dimensions.network/

2 Likes

I am no sure how just yet, but my balance does show in MM on the laptop I originally created my account from. When I first used faucet it was from my newer laptop that I had imported my MM to. Very odd, but satisfying to have that balance now and begin experimenting with Ropsten. Thank you both for your help +1

1 Like

Hello Filip,
I have followed your instructions to the letter.
I have the MetaMask.
I am on the right Testnetwork.
I request the test ether.
Then I get the following error.

{“error”:"[ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC ‘{“value”:{“code”:-32603,“message”:“Too Many Requests”,“data”:{“originalError”:{}},“stack”:“Error: Too Many Requests\n at eval (/www/node_modules/web3-provider-engine/subproviders/rpc.js:52:23)\n at Proxy.eval (/www/node_modules/web3-provider-engine/subproviders/rpc.js:54:11)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)\n at Request.self.callback (/www/node_modules/request/request.js:186:22)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)\n at Proxy.emit (events.js:310:20)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)\n at Request.eval (/www/node_modules/request/request.js:1155:10)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)”}}’"}

So then I uninstalled MetaMask.
Then I reinstalled a completely new MetaMask.
I requested test ether exactly as you instructed. I get exactly the same error message again.
Can you help me out please.

{“error”:"[ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC ‘{“value”:{“code”:-32603,“message”:“Too Many Requests”,“data”:{“originalError”:{}},“stack”:“Error: Too Many Requests\n at eval (/www/node_modules/web3-provider-engine/subproviders/rpc.js:52:23)\n at Proxy.eval (/www/node_modules/web3-provider-engine/subproviders/rpc.js:54:11)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)\n at Request.self.callback (/www/node_modules/request/request.js:186:22)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)\n at Proxy.emit (events.js:310:20)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)\n at Request.eval (/www/node_modules/request/request.js:1155:10)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)”}}’"}

We are in Lock Down - and I have been studying on your course since December.

I would really appreciate a reply from you.

This is a very important project I am working on and I need it to work.

Please get back to me.

DOODESVILLE

1 Like

Hey @doodesville, hope you are well.

Now we have mention this before, here we mention other solutions:

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

MetaMask Ether Faucet

faucet

address: 0x81b7e08f65bdf5648606c89998a9cc8164397647

balance: 86169469.74 ether

request 1 ether from faucet

user

address: 0xcf073a9e2360c6d4738669b49bfe5eac6ec90846

balance: 0.00 ether

donate to faucet:

1 ether10 ether100 ether

transactions

Its showing the below Error message

How to solve ?
{“error”:"[ethjs-query] while formatting outputs from RPC '{“value”:{“code”:-32603,“message”:“Too Many Requests”,“data”:{“originalError”:{}},“stack”:"Error: Too Many Requests\n at eval

(/www/node_modules/web3-provider-engine/subproviders/rpc.js:52:23)\n at Proxy.eval (/www/node_modules/web3-provider-engine/subproviders/rpc.js:54:11)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)\n at Request.self.callback (/www/node_modules/request/request.js:186:22)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)\n at Proxy.emit (events.js:310:20)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)\n at Request.eval (/www/node_modules/request/request.js:1155:10)\n at Object.eval [as apply] (LavaMoat/core/kernel:939:17)"}}’"}

Hi @Su.kal.Crypto,

This happens frequently, and is a common error with faucets, which can be quite buggy. So don’t worry, the error isn’t coming from you or your Metamask wallet.

The solution?

But do come back to us if you’re still experiencing problems after trying the above, so we can help you.

1 Like

Hey everybody,

i am not able to receive test Ether on my Metamask acc.
I tried all 3 options but nothing works.
Can someone tells me what i am doing wrong?
Thank you.

1 Like

Hey @ChrisPap, hope you are well.

We have mention this issue before, here is a suggestion for this issue:

Carlos Z

1 Like

hello to community, i wanna know can we deploy a .sol file to etherscan having multiple contracts through remix if not can someone please tell me the way for that?

@ChrisPap @filip

1 Like

Hey @Paras_Arya, hope you are ok.

You should check our Ethereum Smart Contract Programming 201 course, there we will teach you how to use the testnet and deploy contract on it, basically the process is the same for the mainnet or testnet (in terms of deployment of contracts).

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Hello @Paras_Arya,

You could also check the “Deploying our Contract” course on “Deploy to Testnet” session in Ethereum Smart Contract Programming 101.
It gives a detail explanation and demonstration on how to deploy inheritance contracts to testnet or mainnet.

Hope that helped!

Hello @thecil, i hope you are doing great!
Thank you btw for your answer!
Thankfully i achieved to solve the matter.
:upside_down_face:

1 Like

@thecil @ChrisPap thank you for your previous replies. Now I am again stuck somewhere seeking for your help

Error: TypeError: soljson.Pointer_stringify is not a function
at Object.compile (C:\Users\romeo\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\truffle\build\webpack:\packages\workflow-compile\legacy\index.js:72:1)
Truffle v5.0.42 (core: 5.0.42)
Node v14.15.1

getting this error can anyone help?

1 Like

Hey @Paras_Arya, hope you are ok.

We do not teach truffle in 101, we teach it on Ethereum Programming 201, but probably that issue come from the nodeJs version that have issues with truffle (the version of nodejs is not compatible with truffle entirely).

If you still have issues on it, please share the code, maybe (but not too probable) might be a bad syntax on your code :nerd_face:

Carlos Z.

hey @thecil,
thanks for the help @thecil it was just because of verison

1 Like

Hello for some rason I get the following whenever I try to get use ropsten test network:

Hi @siratoure95

Make sure to have enough ether (use this faucet https://faucet.dimensions.network)

Reset Metamask just for the sake of testing:

Run the transaction again and adjust gas manually if needed.

Regards,
Dani

2 Likes

Hi @fillip. I want call getPerson from the external contract, Am stock somewhere. Please how can i get values been return on my main contract to the external contracts. Please i need your help.

1 Like