Console - Reading Assignment

I am seeing this.I think it is normal, isn t it?

1. Testing new code on the web page
  2. Menu>Dev tools>Web console
  3. It displays what a command does to the console - I think??
  4. Double click on the specific element in the ā€œinspectorā€ tab in firefox
1 Like

What is the console used for?
it is a developer tool. A console is a sandbox where you can test your code to see if it works. Every browser has a console for you to use.
How do you open the Console in Google Chrome?
In Google CHROME you can access the console by clicking on CTRL SHIFT j. Or you can click the three dots, and go to more tools, and then developer tools and then click on the console tab.
What does console.log function do?
This is an expression that retrieves the log property from the value held by the console variable.
How can you change the contents of an HTML page through the console?
Edit HTML in the Console Panel. Log a DOM node to the console. Right click on it. Select Edit as HTML or Edit Text. Notice the DOM is updated on the page and also in the Elements Panel.

1 Like
  1. It is used for both interacting with the webpage and to log information.
  2. You can use F12, go to settings>developer>web console or CTRL+SHIFT+K on a WIN-based system.
  3. Instead of having pop-up alerts then we can log it to the console.
  4. Through the console you can choose ā€œinspectorā€ which is the document element. There you can view the page in HTML, CSS and Javascript combined.
1 Like
  1. The console can be used to interact with the web page, by writing, and monitoring JavaScript.
  2. menu - more tools - developer tools
  3. The console.log function gives output in the console.
  4. By adding JavaScript through the console and using DOM, HTML can be changed. As long as you donā€™t refresh the page, these changes apply.
1 Like
  1. Console is used for changing the content of the webpages in context of a browser.
  2. To access in chrome ctrl+shift+J) for console and F12/ (ctrl+shift+I) for element.
  3. for debugging purpose it shows intermediate steps.
  4. In element section, we can change part of webpage and then save before reloading the webpage.
1 Like

What is the console used for? The console is used to inspect and troubleshoot the html/css and JavaScript code on a web page.
How do you open the Console in Google Chrome? press shift Ctrl I or Shift Ctrl J or select from the menu 3 dots | more tools | developer tools
What does console.log function do? Instead of popping up a results window the output is logged to the console.
How can you change the contents of an HTML page through the console? One can double click on any of the html elements and make a direct inline edit, to see the results.

1 Like
  1. What is the console used for?
    Console provides you with the ability to write, manage, and monitor JavaScript within web pages.

2. How do you open the Console in Google Chrome?
    in the menu select >>> More Tools ā€¦ Developer Tools or Ctrl+ Shift I

3. What does console.log function do?
    Allows a script to log data to the console.

4. How can you change the contents of an HTML page through the console?
    In the DOM elements of the web page.

1 Like
  1. is it used to interact with the javascript on the current page. ā€œlog information as part of the JavaScript development process, as well as allow you to interact with a web page by carrying out JavaScript expressions within the pageā€™s context. Essentially, the Console provides you with the ability to write, manage, and monitor JavaScript on demandā€
  2. cntl + Shift + j
  3. stores information, like a memory bank within the development console as well as perform some functions.
    4.by defining elements using the ā€œletā€ function and adding those elements to html tags using the appendChild function.

What is the console used for?
Essentially, the Console provides you with the ability to write, manage,
and monitor JavaScript on demand.The Console provides you with a space to
experiment with modifying HTML pages.However, it is important to keep in mind
that youā€™re not changing the HTML document when you do things on the Console.
As soon as you reload the page it will return to its original state.

How do you open the Console in Google Chrome?
Navigate to the menu at the top-right of your browser window
signified by three vertical dots in a row. Select
MORE TOOLS then DEVELOPER TOOLS.

What does console.log function do?
Used to display or write out or output the results of the function.

How can you change the contents of an HTML page through the console?
Writing into an HTML element, using innerHTML or innerText.

document.YOUR-ELEMENT-HERE.innerHTML=ā€œYOUR-NEW-CONTENT-HEREā€

yy is the new content

yy is the new content

1. The console allows the programmer to write, manage, and monitor JavaScript code on demand.
  2. Itā€™s as simple as Ctrl + Shift + J, or click the menu option (three dots) at top of browser > more tools > developer tools
  3. the console.log function prints the given text to the screen
  4. contents of an HTML page can be changed through the console by entering javascript code such as document.body.[code]

The console has various tools to help web developers debug their web pages during development.

Menu (3 vertical dots) > More tools > Developer tools

Add a string of text to the consoleā€™s output

You can execute JavaScript commands that involve the ā€œbodyā€ field of the ā€œdocumentā€ object. For example, you can use ā€œdocument.body.innerHTMLā€ to completely replace the HTML contents of the documentā€™s body.

1.To write, manage, and monitor Javascript on demand.
2. CTRL+SHIFT+J
3. Allows you to type Javascript code.
4. Through the DOM.

1 Like

Iā€™m a complete noob so hopefully this is an easy query.
When I open the console on my website I get greeted with:

ā€œThe character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol.ā€

Can someone explain what Iā€™ve done or not done. Thanks

Iā€™m a complete noob so hopefully this is an easy query.
When I open the console on my website I get greeted with:

ā€œThe character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol.ā€

Can someone explain what Iā€™ve done or not done. Thanks

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried making several html docs and the one that starts with this is working or at least doesnā€™t bring up the error message!

html lang="en" dir+"lir"

Now I canā€™t seem to get the console.log (something) to work. It comes back with undefined

I will keep trying but if any one has a quick answer, please help. Iā€™m still not sure why the first part of my question is fixed!confused:

1 Like
  1. The console provides you with the ability to write, manage, and monitor JavaScript on demand.
  2. COMMAND + OPTION + J on macOS or from developer tools
  3. console.log is very similar to print(). The result will be returned to the display.
  4. document. in console or editing in DOW.
1 Like

Q. 1 What is the console used for?
A: Console provides you with the ability to write, manage, and monitor JavaScript on demand.

Q. 2 How do you open the Console in Google Chrome?
A: 2.0 Navigate to the menu at the top-right of your browser window signified by three vertical dots in a row. From there, you can select More Tools then Developer Tools.
2.1 Hit F12

Q. 3 What does console.log function do?
A: it allows you to log data in various ways

Q.4 How can you change the contents of an HTML page through the console?
A: right click over the element that you want to change and select ā€œinspectā€

1 Like