Read YET ANOTHER Bitcointalk post by the legendary gmaxwell, this time on his description of the ‘Confidential Transactions’ as implemented in the experimental ‘Elements’ blockchain. Answer the questions and post your answers below:
- What piece of information to Confidential Transactions obscure?
- What is the ‘commutative property’ and how does it relate to Confidential Transactions?
- What is the ‘scanning key’ and what important function does it enable?
- What do ‘range proofs’ do and why are they necessary in Confidential Transactions?
- How does Confidential Transactions affect the size of a blockchain?