Bitcoin Core Introduction Discussion

Hi, guys, how to solve it? Thanks a lot.

The path is pointed to your desktop somewhere , In windows, it’s probably c:\Program files\bitcoin\deamon

Hey man, in the download area theres dmg and tar.gz, dont click on them, click on mac osx and it should setup. Once you download and install the setup it will ask for the space, im having problems there too, hope this helps

Hello,

I am using a mac and downloaded the .dmg file as well as the tar.gz

When I try to open the Application created using the dmg, I get the following

When I unzip the tar.gz and try to open bitcoin-0.19.1/bin/bitcoin-qt executable I get a similar dialog box with the following error ’ “bitcoin-qt” cannot be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.’

Would appreciate help on this!

Thank you,

Hey guys, I really want to do this course but I’m stuck with this installation error. Can someone help me out? @filip @ivan

That’s pretty normal on Macs. I have the same issue myself. You can use this guide to get past in very easily. https://osxdaily.com/2012/07/27/app-cant-be-opened-because-it-is-from-an-unidentified-developer/

3 Likes

Now I am getting this error. I do not have enough space on my Mac, so was trying to use an external Hard drive. It did not allow me to do that and has been showing this error when I try to open the Bitcoin Core application ever since. I also reinstalled it and still getting the same error :thinking:

Hello sir, could you please post a more detailed log about the error? we need to know what is the issue to help you even further.

If you have any doubt, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Hi Everyone - I am working on Bitcoin Programming on my iMac. Any suggestions how to move forward with these exercises on a MAC? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @CryptoYoga :slight_smile:

I don’t use a mac, but you will have to find the directory where you installed Bitcoin core and move into it using your console. Once you’re there you will be able to execute commands like on any regular UNIX machine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Getting

error code: -28
error message:
Loading block index…

when trying to run bitcoind-cli

When I try to get new address I get:

C:\Program Files\Bitcoin\daemon> ./bitcoin-cli getnewaddress
error code: -28
error message:
Loading block index…

Hey @rhotoshi :slight_smile:
Did you started the bitcoind daemon in a separate console in regtest mode?
After that you must execute each command with the -regtest option.

1 Like

Its working! Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks so much for the explanation. The method explained on the video simply didn’t work. Your way was so straightforward. Maybe you should run the course!!

““I would say to smash the like button but it doesn’t exist in this course”” lol

if you interrupt the internet or the power goes out, is there a possibility of losing your balance if they exist in the future? and do the synchronization after the electricity is turned off the internet ,its normal to have problems and lose the wallet?or its possible to recover the wallet? is there a possibility that the balance will be stolen?

The internet would have to go offline in the entire world and even then when it would get back online it would still be stored on someones hard drive and would be able to sync it with the rest of the world. I Guess the only way would be if all hard drives break at the same time :stuck_out_tongue:

It has happened before, but that is not good news. If you loose your private key, there is no way of getting your funds.

There is this slim possibility someone will some day generate the same private key as you, but I wouldn’t count on it :wink:

1 Like

its possible to mining with bitcoin core client? bitcoin core its the real BTC?

No the feature has been removed because it was not viable anymore. You need third party software to mine Bitcoin today.

Bitcoin core is the full node implementation for BTC yes :slight_smile: