Argent gas fees, lower at different times of day?

I am a newbie and trying out different wallets. I wanted to transfer some ETH from my Argent wallet to my new Metamask wallet.
To transfer .10 ETH (~$181 USD) the fee is $55.57!!

How can I tell when it would be a less congested time to initiate a transfer?
Any other tips for lowering this fee or transferring ETH in a better way would be greatly appreciated too!

I feel now like my money is trapped in this Argent wallet because how could I ever get it out with fees like that!

1 Like

I would love to know this as well. You are not alone.

Hey guys, hope you are well.

You can check gas prices here:

Also I use both of these tools to manage my entire portfolio.

My personal strategy is very simple, I just wait until gas price is [50-150] gwei, for me, above those limits can be consider over priced, if I’m in some kind of urgency I’m willing to pay top 250gwei, but it have to be a true emergency.

So basically is just about be patience until one day (at least 2 per month) you get the lowest fees possible so you can move your funds like crazy. The rest of the month I just watch at least 2 or 3 times per day the gas price, keep learning about new projects (without investing immediately)

First you research a lot, then you develop an entry strategy for that project if it convince you.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

6 Likes

Thank you for your answer and those links. I will start watching the gas fees and wait for a low day to transfer.

Yea but whats the point calling this system of technology a consensus if these gas prices are the total opposite in a trustless system. Its being demonized by bureaucratic corporate entities. Shouldnt we just make a separate token or mining incentives for miners? Wtf is the point if the system is getting congested? Sounds just like bank fees and bureaucratic hedgefunds variables. Theyve already stolen houses from the people , now thwy want to steal cryptocurrency too?

Much appreciated! I also just found this website: https://cryptocurrencyalerting.com/eth-gas-tracker.html

It lets you set alerts for when the gas price in gwei falls under a certain level.

1 Like