Absolute Newbie Questions

Where do I find instructions on how to use this forum - I find it quite confusing even intimidating.

How do I log in to see the Daily Live broadcast. I can’t seem to get in to https://academy.ivanontech.com/live? I thought i should use my academy log in?

When do crypto markets officially close for the day; what time, what time zone? So we know when a “candle” is printed?

Why is the term HODLING used instead of the term HOLDING? How did that start?

Are ALT coins any coin other than BTC?

Does anyone think that a bad actor government could throw such massive computational power at BTC as to corrupt a coin(s) blockchain?

I know a bunch of you are getting a laugh from such basic questions … :slight_smile:

Appreciate your responses.

2 Likes

Absolutely not there is no reason to laugh at your questions we all got to start somewhere and you’ll eventually learn. I’m no pro I just started the academy myself but do have some blockchain experience and a masters where I focused on blockchain but there is always so much to learn and I am thankful I found this academy.

:small_blue_diamond: I’d suggest maybe starting setting up your profile in settings then go the introduction forum to introduce yourself but there are others under categories that can help you get started. Yes, it is overwhelming so I suggest follow the courses you are enrolled in and you will find a designated forum for each course. If there is a specific topic you need help with you can search for it in the top right magnifying glass.

:small_blue_diamond: Unlike traditional markets, crypto is open 24/7 across different exchanges. Check out this article. you can see different candles based on the chart you choose (i.e. minutes, hourly, daily, monthly, yearly).

:small_blue_diamond: HODL is slang in crypto for holding your crypto rather than selling - it all started through a drunk post on reddit or some forum and everyone started using it since. This was back in like 2013.

:small_blue_diamond: Yes any cryptocurrency that is not bitcoin is referred to as an altcoin.

:small_blue_diamond: That is not possible if you understand the technology behind bitcoin you’ll know why. There is no such computational power other than quantum computing, which doesn’t really exist yet or so we are years from seeing and by then our technology should have advanced.

:small_orange_diamond: If you are just starting out I want to warn about scammers, they are like cockroaches. If anybody reaches out to you asking you to be an investor or contact a trader through whatsapp, telegram, etc. it’s all a scam. Do not send crypto to anybody thinking you will double your profits. Be careful and always do your research.

Hopefully this helps. If any experts out there see flaws in my answers please let me know!

2 Likes

Thank you! Any idea how to log into the LIVE stream each day?

Yes you are correct with that link https://academy.ivanontech.com/live . He is live every day at 8AM CET (but really 9AM because he is always late) and if you go to the website when he is live you won’t see any past streams you have to go to his YouTube channel.

However on weekends he is live at 11AM CET.

:alarm_clock: Link to current CET time.

1 Like

Sysmaster I’m not sure if your question about when candles are printed was answered above.

The daily candle on trading view ends at 12 PM (midnight) in UTC (universal time clock)

At the bottom of the charts you can see a spot to change the time zone to your local zone. What works good is set it at a “0” setting like London and you can see how that relates to your own time.

If you do set it at london (with a daily candle setting) you will see exactly at 00:00 a new candle will start printing.

Hope that helps!

1 Like