About the BEGINNERS & HELP category

This section is dedicated to our newbies. You are all very welcome! Get knowledge here!

18 Likes

Thank you, kindly. I am going to join your academy courses to help myself learn to code a secure coin foundation and ecosystem blockchain as the outcome.

Is the pre sale with your private live-stream video feed still available? I pray i haven’t missed that opportunity also as I have just learned of your academy and learning class offering. I hope and pray to hear back kindly. Thank you.

-Kin

5 Likes

Buying your course right now.

1 Like

#SmashTheLikes _ _ _

I am a little confused about the forum.
Is there only “replying” to something?
I miss the “new message” button to start my introduction.
How to do the introduction right? (replying to the thread?)
regards
Hans

2 Likes

I just experienced something I would like to share to any newbies. I am well seasoned with using a computer but I was stumped and thought this may happen to someone else.

*** Posting a Reply ***
Make sure your task bar if it’s at the bottom of your screen is not in the way of your reply button. (I had to move mine to the right side of computer screen. I spent 15 minutes looking for the submit button or reply button.

2 Likes

######SOLVED######

Hi Ivan

I’m currently studying your programming course and really enjoyed. I’m impressed with the amount of content and structure of it, specially for $89 (I’m one of the early birds:) Amazing.

Now I’m on the HTML course, the coding and learning part are easy, the only thing troubles me is with Mac Atom Text Editor.

I’ve searched on Google, but couldn’t find the answer or possibly wrong search term, or even the question is too obvious, but 'I CANT RUN SAVED HTML ON BROWSER"???

Please help ~~~~~ . attached screen shot, hope it clarify my question. Thanks

!

Hi Hans,
I have just started the course and was trying to do the introduction message.
Did you find out if there was a “new message” button?
All I have found is Reply so far.
Thanks,
Phillip

Hi PDCarswell,
no, there seems to be no “new message” button.
But there is a “introduce yourself” in the watercooler section.
There i did the intro
regards,
Hans

1 Like

Hans,

Thank you.
Just discovered you need at least 20 characters in a post.

Phillip

i feel like i m going through the course too fast and keep having to kind of start over again a couple of times.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me why I am unable to show an image (.jpg) on a webpage in html if it is in a separate folder or web server? It works fine if I have it stored in the html folder.

Hi

I just join the academy and excited to learn more and more
SO… let start now

started this day …goodluck to me…

1 Like

Hi, question. Can i use a cromebook to study here? not only to get it online but to download materias? thanks

Hello, I just purchased the academy today but I am a newbie when It comes to this stuff. I also realized I should have a newer laptop if I want to study on the road. So my question is…

What type of specifications should I look for in a new laptop? I5? I7? 16gb? 1TB? Also does the graphics card matter all that much?

Thank you for the help!

You probably have to edit the path/link which is pointing to the picture so instead of:
image.jpg
look for the path to the image and correct the link:
/yourImageFolder/image.jpg
or
…/yourImageFolder/image.jpg
Or
if the image is on a different server you may use the whole link:
https://domainName.com/folder/image.jpg

My name is Jim and new here, where do I fill out profile step one?

All set with profile

Hi, I have an erron installing js.node. A cmd window shows with red letters at installing Chocolatey. No ls and npm command works.
I have windows 7 and spanish language. I use w7 for some software that i use only compatible with w7.
Some help please @filip