Sales - Discusson

Generally most firms e.g. Bank’s I.T divisions have regular sessions to highlight certain parts of technology within the business that colleagues may not be familiar with or new projects that have recently gone live as well as emerging industry trends or technologies. This would present an opportunity for a general awareness discussion with sections tailored specific to some of the firms pain points that Blockchain can address.

3 Likes

I am new to the blockchain community, but I can imagine there are several opportunities within my branche (Civil Engineering). I am very interested in decentralization and the transparency it brings. But no use cases come to mind. I am sure I will find some in the near future.

the Blockchain technology is a very special piece of technology and I think we live in a very special era. When I first installed internet in 1995 (with a 14k4 modem) I had a similar feeling.

4 Likes

You might like this documentary :upside_down_face: https://youtu.be/yz8ymvqUMrU.

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

Hi @filip,

do you have a template to share for the Research Report you use?

Thanks

1 Like

Just my 2 sats.

Having worked for multiple international corporates across various industries, I would say that pitching your idea to a multi disciplinary team would be the best way to get buy-in.

My strategy, briefly, would be as follows:
1 Approach a finance lead by emphasising the potential cost savings and elimination of waste in the processes of the value chain
2 To get further traction, the next step should be informing the operations/technical/engineering teams about how a blockchain solution could streamline the business and optimise current resources
3 Once each department lead has been sensitised to the potential benefits, build a typical or theoretical use case presentation for your colleagues and highlight the benefits of embracing a newer, more robust and future-proof way of doing business that will give all stakeholders a competitive advantage

Looking forward to feedback?

4 Likes

Here is a website with some templates for:

10+ Research Report Templates – Word, PDF

Hope you find this useful. :slight_smile:

If you have any doubt, please let us know so we can help you!

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Good points @massam78.
With blockchain also focus on process chains between company’s to make them transparent. Also less audits are required because of the blockchain one source of the truth.

2 Likes

Are there people in this group who implemented blockchain integrated with SAP processes. I am entrepreneur in the SAP area and trying to link SAP to blockchain for my customers.

Good afternoon,

I am really interested in sharing sales ideas.
My current project idea is Blockchain in art for the authenticated art pieces in different types or art in auctions or museums, in order to avoid costly process every time some art pieces come back to an auction and still we are not sure not to avoid buying a fake.

I have just been joined this community and starting the Boot Camp next week, so I am looking forward to hear other ideas and maybe someone who would like to work on project ides with me.
I have been in corporate world over 20 years and I know more about sales and business than blockchain that fascinates me.
cheers,
Izumi

2 Likes

Hi @filip
I have to say at first i also thought the videos were a bit light, but coming from Business Development sphere i guess it’s logical to have higher expectations for a field that we are familiar with. At the same time your answer to the post probably gave more valuable “practical” information then all the sales videos combined, at least for somebody who is familiar with sales.

If I might add a few points:

• outside your typical vacuum cleaner salesman… Selling is more about listening. If you can get people to talk openly about the difficulties they face the use cases will pop up very quickly (or not).
  • I saw another post which mentioned talking to the finance guys, however finance guys don’t know many of the problems that the operational business deals with. However what they do see are invoices for unexpected costs/unforeseen circumstances and this many times can lead to places where process improvement is due.
  • As a consultant to the supply chain industry, Chemicals and Aviation industry the number of use cases is blowing my mind. Some are obvious hyperledger cases, while other might even make use of public blockchains. This maybe contradicts a bit earlier post where block chain would not be feasible due to latency or speed of the network, but unless you are in the financial trading industry, not everything needs to be split second, and even more… reputable (trustless) data is very important… even (reference) data of a year back.

Either way… lots more to learn for me but exciting times!

Sven

6 Likes

Hi @filip . I am interested in implementing Smart Contracts with The Music Industry.

Early days for me but involving myself in the community to see who has some knowledge.

Many thanks for you’re time in the lectures.

Blessed.

Rob

2 Likes

Check out Amazon Managed Blockchain (AMB) for applying blockchain to insurance applications. Legal & General Reinsurance uses AMB to pioneer blockchain use in the pension management reinsurance business.

2 Likes

Hey Filip,
Really interested in hearing what you have to say on this topic of selling.
D

1 Like

Philip enjoying the sales chapter this is just a comment i also believe in sales as a major part for any business I consider my self a good seller
I have had good teachers and the one rule I learn is that you must present several options when selling a product as a buyer you will never choose all the options ( never is a rule of a buyer) so as more option more selling and it works.

1 Like

Hello Filip,
So now we are into the idea of talking about bitcoin and blockchain to prospective businesses - who is already using it and why, who may be corporations, or politicians, about the benefits of using blockchain and how it could improve their efficiency and profitability. Everyone has heard of BC, but it’s a new thing, so if you can talk like an expert, and gen up on who is already using it and why, then you will be able to up-talk some business.
OK, so this leads me on to a question about a consultancy fee.
Is the idea that you get all us students to get the buzz going, then Ivan and Filip swoop in and charge a consultancy fee because we have primed them!?
LOL.
My dad was at the cutting edge of branding major corporations, and they didn’t get to meet with him until they had parted with huge sums of money.
Nothing new in this world.
When do I get to build my crypto?
D

Hello Filip,
Man, I am so Pumped!
Not only am I doing the Ivan on Tech Academy courses, but also I am doing a public speaking training, and we are also training to do video conferencing right now because of the strange times we are living in.
Then, you say in this vid that it’s always going to lead up to a talk, a workshop or a seminar where you go more in depth into blockchain.
That has made my day!
D

1 Like

That is really smart.
:-))
D

I am a freelancer and self-employed and I am hyped about bitcoin since 2015 and no matter where I am I keep telling everybody to buy some cryptocurrency or get them hocked up to the crypto.com wallet
my referral code: d75b1r9x6j if you want also a metal crypto visa credit card with cashback and very nice interest rate and they are really forcing crypto and blockchain to the public, crypto.com paid only for the URL; $10.000.000.-
I can´t wait to start a blockchain project but before that I want to go deeper in this course here.
And I would be more than happy if you come up with a course in XRP because it is also an Open Ledger and a pretty cool Cryptocurrency. Hope I do not get a shitstorme now :wink:

This is awesome! Thank you so much for this! I am working to develop ideas as to how Blockchain will change/benefit the medical and e-commerce industries as I have many contacts in both spaces. I am really excited to be a part of the solution and to moving things forward.

1 Like

Good to hear Zachary. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help .

1 Like