Ethereum Introduction - Discussion

Why can’t somebody write a smart contract than allows to delegate the CPU functions avoiding EVM? is that the limitations of the Solidity or is that EVM is so secure that it is not possible?

I mean if EVM exists to secure CPUs then what stands behind EVM security?

Took a Business Law course in high school. We covered contracts. As I learn more about smart contracts, I really see how the world is going to radically change. Corruption will almost disappear.

1 Like

Hello Everyone

Lionell @CryptoTakeout —> Ethereum 101

Hey.

Do I understand it correctly if I say that an Ethereum address is the same as an an Ethereum account, and that one private/public key-pair can have multiple accounts (addresses) associated with it?

Thanks,
Eskild

1 Like

Am i the only one playing Ivan in 2x speed? I get you need to be slow for non english native speakers but if i can clearly understand it at 2x with room to further increase maybe its too slow at 1x

Yes, ethereum address could be seen has account too.

no multiple addresses, you should have 1 main address per key-pair. Still some wallets manage to handle multilple addresses.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

Ok thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ivan, I´m interested in your example from the video, with a kid must having a good marks in school in order to get your money. I agree that smart contract it is trustless, but who will put a data into a smart contract? The kid most probably. But you do not trust your kid. How do you solve it?

Hi @Petr_Hajdusek that is good point. in this case the smart contract calls the school api which return the students result, but your smart contract has to inherit another smart contract that interact with external api like Oraclize, check this link for more info https://medium.com/aigang-network/how-ethereum-contract-can-communicate-with-external-data-source-2e32616ea180

3 Likes
  1. Web 1.0 was the first generation simplified Internet pages without bells and whistles.

2. A smart contract on the blockchain is a self computing program with certain prerequisites for its execution expressed in the Ethereum code.

3. Transactions on the blockchain are transparent to anyone to see and verify how they were triggered by the set conditions expressed in the Ethereum code.

1 Like

@kyliezz @Cryptojuice
The Discussion is for you to get used to forum discussions. The first content video starts from here ‘Ethereum and Smart Contracts Introduction’

2 Likes

How did it gow? I did exactly the same… but realised at the end of the TA for programming the bot I need some JavaScript knowledge… :slight_smile:

1 Like

What would you say is the best way to start learning to code/develop for either an ICO or a DApp?

Greetings sir! If you want to start development from scratch the Javascript Programming for Blockchain Developers should be the first step.

After finish it, you can choose to go into Ethereum courses or take C++ Programming for Blockchain Developers, so you have a better picture and skills for any other programming course.

Bitcoin

Ethereum

Recommended

EOS

Gaming

Hope you find this useful. :slight_smile:

If you have any doubt, please let us know so we can help you!

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

Great to be here. Progressing well in my course and looking forward to learn more about Ethereum.

1 Like

@Alko89 i know this is a speculative question. But ETH is far superior to BTC. ETH has utility, use cases etc as “programmable smart contract money”. So why is the price of BTC far eclipsing ETH ?? is it only because BTC is “aged” and was the first? (disclaimer: i own both).

Hello miss, BTC is caped to 21millions top, ETH is unknown by the moment, more than 100millions of ETH on circulation by now, so basically BTC is more scarce than ETH, offcourse ETH offers a lot of use cases better than bitcoin, but ethereum is still under development, bitcoin is at production level now, work as store of value and nothing more, it have the longest chain alive so people trust more on BTC than ethereum. At least this is from my poing of view. :slight_smile:

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

4 Likes

@thecil i forgot about the most important point. There is a predetermined supply that it will ever reach.!! great response.thx.

1 Like

Thank you Ivan, I have enjoyed the first part of my course which is Bitcoin 101. Very educative and eye opening. Now looking forward to learning about Ethereum.

1 Like

I have a question about UTXO vs. Account Model. Ivan seems to be saying that each individual satoshi can be traced back with BTC transactions, but I think that only works if all transactions have one input. If a BTC transaction have 2 or more inputs, then the concept of back-tracing individual sats in from output(s) becomes meaningless.
Also, in ethereum you could “simulate” 2 or more inputs or outputs by doing several transactions, for example send some eth from A -> C, then from B -> C, then from C -> D, then from C -> E. Then the eth from D or E cannot be individually traced back whether they came from A or B?
So I don’t see how there is a fundamental difference between BTC and Eth in terms of traceablity or privacy, except that in practice transactions in Eth have a different structure than in BTC.
For example you could consider all Eth that has a transaction history-connection to a tainted account to be tainted?

2 Likes