Ethereum Introduction - Discussion

I sure hope so, but the ability of people to bury their heads in the sand and proclaim it will work this time, or support policies and then blame others when it goes bad, perpetually astounds me.

Hey Everyone :slight_smile: I hope you all are doing well. Starting my Ethereum 101 course now :smile: ~ Timestamp @ 4:41 PM EST

Question Regarding EVM as Security Layer to Protect CPU

Hi @ivan @filip. Thanks for the explanation. My question are:

1. as ETH2.0 will be using eWASM (no need Solidity, it will compile any supported languages into binary, such as C++, Java, etc), there will be no more EVM ?
  2. if no more EVM in ETH2.0, how do we cover security ?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @W1LL, hope you are great.

We already covered a lot about the EVM and eWASM on ETH 2.0 in this article:

https://academy.ivanontech.com/blog/breaking-down-eth-2-0-ewasm-and-evm-explained

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

I think I read somewhere that Solidity is going to be replaced to other language when ETH 2.0 is released. If that turns to be true… Does it makes sense to learn Solidity at this point?

1 Like

Solidity will still be used to design smart contract on Ethereum 2.0, so yes, it is still make sense to learn Solidity :nerd_face:

Here is a guide to go deep into Ethereum 2.0

A Comprehensive view of Ethereum 2.0 (Serenity)

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

here we go ETH TIME
all fired up

1 Like

Thanks for your reply :wink: Another quick question for the experts (@thecil, @ivan, @filip):

If I want to start the ETH programming courses… In what order is recommended to start? (I see there’s one about Javascript for Blockchain, another of Ethereum Programming [OLD] and also Ethereum Smart Contract Programming 101)

2 Likes

In terms of the fungibility discussed. If BTC is not as fungible as ETH, is there a world where regulations could deem certain UTXO’s as “illegal” and therefore harder to transact with?

Should this fungibility difference between ETH and BTC, discourage OTC purchases of BTC or even acquiring BTC from others for goods or services you provide?

Seems about right to me.

I randomly scrolled to your post and I seen you spoke so many of my truths…

I normally skip the intro but now things are getting kinda juicy I’m more active in the discussions… also been doing physical labour for the last 10 years or so and put my programming abilities to the side until now… really excited to get back into it.

2 Likes

Check this old reply, is basically the Developer map that we can suggest to follow to get the best of our courses.

Carlos Z.

3 Likes

Hello Community! Time to start ETH 101, really enjoyed BTC 101 and looking forward to course #2

3 Likes

I’m not really understanding what Gas is, can someone simplify it for me?

3 Likes

In very simple terms… Gas is a small fraction of ether that is used to pay the fees for a transaction or for executing a smart contract (the amount depends on the complexity of the code and the number of instructions that will be executed).

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply. Regarding ETH programming courses… Is it worth taking the [OLD] version as some kind of complement or that one has become obsolete?

2 Likes

Same here. I believe the first is just a link to the forum discussion and class starts at the next video.

4 Likes

Hi there, Just starting the course and really looking forward to what I gain as I have wanted to understand the distinctions between Bitcoin and Ethereum more thoroughly. Nice to meet you all!

3 Likes

Gas is the fee paid when using the ETH network, on metamask you can choose different speeds and if you need faster speeds for a transaction to complete you pay a little more.

3 Likes

Yeah, has a complement just to have more in deep on Solidity, it would be good to take the OLD course.

Carlos Z

2 Likes