DeFi Ecosystem - Discussion

Yes reserve is very interesting :slight_smile:
Butttttā€¦ lets ask our selfā€™s ā€¦ what will happen to most stable coins in a negative interest rate environment?

For this reason I like DAI or someting like Amplefort more.

1 Like

Yeaa I know happy to help.
It is pretty deep and hard but the reward and unfair competitive advantage you will get out of this is amazing :slight_smile:

Hello again Amadeo

Iā€™m glad for your reply.
I have not much background in the crypto space, Iā€™ve done 2 courses so far.
Blockchain & Bitcoin 101, Etherium 101 and now Iā€™m taking your DeFI course.
It is a lot of new things to take in, but I find it is all very interesting.
I have to go back and review some episodes every now and then.
I will most likely come up with many of questions along the way.

Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you to :smiley:
Let me know when you have any questions.

Hi Amadeo,

I am very new to Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and DeFi. Everything seems to be exciting. I think I need to explore more and acquire more knowledge to have an opinion.

I think elimination of intermediaries or middlemen is a disruptive phenomenon in the DeFi. What makes us trust the DeFi more is Smart Contract along with cryptography and immutability, which are features of Blockchain.

Thanks and regards,
Pradeep

2 Likes

Spot on :slight_smile:
Soon $500 DAI airdrop to people that understand DeFi :dart: :weight_lifting_man:

5 Likes

Encouraging words. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Letā€™s not forget that without bitcoin none of this would have been possible. Bitcoin gave us the first glance of no middle man required.The potential of this space is crazy. I love https://1inch.exchange/#/ as it makes it so much easier to exchange coins now. No account required just a simple protocol. Thanks for that.

I heard you are aware of our decentralized scholarship funding project we have going on. Me and Ivo are working the front end now. Would love to see you help us with the back end if possible. Gabba is working on it from time to time as far as I know. Love DeFi <3

3 Likes

Yes i, agree actually. Daiā€™s weight mechanism to ensure the balance of the Daiā€™s coin value is one of itā€™s kind.

Thanks for the heads up on Ampleforth. iā€™ve never come across this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty busy with the chat right now, but i ll go back to it soon :rocket:

2 Likes

How about making an investment contest on Defi with the airdrop?
Something like the one that makes the best ROI using the Airdrop funds and Defi protocols gets a bonus?
it will encourage people to do something useful with it, instead of cashing out.

4 Likes

I just want to thank you for all the work you put into the course. Itā€™s a mind opener for me. I am learning lots of new things.

3 Likes

@amadeobrands @ivan

Just thought of showing you this tBTC

3 Likes

Send me DM lets see where I can support

2 Likes

WoW i love that idea :smiley:
We can do this and see who can make the highest returns ā€¦ Iā€™m gonna get 500 DAI from the Maker foundation to incentives learning and building on DeFi.

3 Likes

That is amazing would love to cover this topic in more depth in a next video

1 Like

NUFF TINGS A GWAAN EARE!

Name: Etherisc
Category: insurance
Admin key info: ?
Tech Stack: DIP, GIF, DIP Protocol (The custom token/ protocol for Etherisc appears to be something like compound though its not mentioned) it makes more sense visually so here

github repo:
whitepaper:https://etherisc.com/files/etherisc_whitepaper_1.01_en.pdf
input crypto: USDT, ETh,BTC (though it appears one can combine assets using there protocol)

problem they fix:

Aside from allowing entry into the insurance game for ā€œthe little guyā€. (Aka policies less than 20million that traditional agencies do not find profitable) And by the production, sale and fulfillment of unique on chain insurance contracts. (Like crop protection or flight delay insurance)

Etherisc solves the ā€œtragedy of the commons dilemmaā€ that seems to plague ethereum (https://twitter.com/FEhrsam/status/900745083426791425)

The solution is discussed on page s 32-35 of the white paper

The products they offer are limited but VERY promising. Not to mention the apparent dedication to growing and supporting the Etherisc community of developers , investors and consumers alike.

The limits are only there due to its age and the lack of talent in the space.

DEFFINTLY add this Dapp

4 Likes

I think Dharma is quite interesting as well, although it seems they are operating mostly with US residents and coinbase users.

2 Likes

I agree with gabba. Thatā€™s much better than to just give away money, people will cash them out. So I would be better to make a competition out of it.

Ivo :wink: :man_teacher:

1 Like

Did anybody mention InstaDapp yet?
I have used it since last summer and I think this is really good Dapp with a simple and yet useful user interface.

It lets you leverage very easy, and when the crash happened 2 weeks ago. I was able to save all my funds with a simple transactionā€¦

I like InstaDapp and I recommend others to try it.

But ALWAYS do your own research and donā€™t gamble!

Ivo

1 Like