DeFi Benefits - Assignment

trustless, transparent, no middle man

1 Like

Some beneā€™s of DeFi:

outrageously high APY
outrageously deep cost cutting

and like jordanv says, ā€œBecoming your own bankā€.

1 Like

Well, if you are to assume ownership based on the wallet that holds a particular serial number - i.e. an NFT - then that would be one example.

This could go so far as to opening door locks under the condition your device holds the corresponding NFT.

That is what Iā€™m referring to when I say access to some asset.
This could be class-based or club-based aswell.

If you are a fellow of some club, you are provided with a serial numberā€¦ and with that come certain benefits exclusively available to those people.

1 Like

Open source, Trustless, Efficient

1 Like

Defi has unlimited growth and potential. It is constantly evolving.

1 Like

Innovation. Each new DeFi protocol has new solutions to old problems.

1 Like

There is no need for a centralized interference within your own financial transactions. As for the benefit of the transactions being private, I would have to say it depends on what the people mean by private because the transactions are all public on the blockchain.

1 Like

Defi plays as a store of value for people who live in dangerous places. You can transact with people without having cash in hand and prevent complete loss of money if you were to be robbed.
It is an open borderless market where anyone can have access to financial services with just the internet.

1 Like

Biggest Benefit for us all I believe is that DEFI does not allow the corrupt Bankers get richer.

2 Likes

With successful, reliable DeFi solutions coming up and staying up and start being used by everyone, average joe people who had not heard of it before, might take note and start to deposit there and bring everything to a whole new level.

1 Like

DeFi creates Community. Weā€™re collaborating to enrich each other, mostly, and itā€™s challenging. Weā€™re competing with massive fraud to create a level playing field. Thatā€™s healthy, so DeFi is a positive social trend. I have at least one friend who agrees with me, maybe :nerd_face:

Lots of good comments and thoughtful input in the replies. Andreasā€™ comments resonate with me.

6 Likes

P2P, Trustless, Permission-less, Transparent, Accessible to all with internet access.
All of the above! I guess we could add ā€œBorderlessā€ to the list.

Transactions on DeFi platform are fast and go through with almost 100% likelihood <-> if compared with centralized system, transactions can sometimes take hours to go through and a bank might intervene at any point.

1 Like

Benefits that been mentioned,

1. User experience
  2. Tech benefits
  3. Monetary benefits

I thought of Community or Connectivity Benefits, which probably would fit into the user experience and tech benefits.
Somewhat I would see that reading from the same sheet would do something nice to this planet.

3 Likes

What to speak of the hassle that you often have to go though with having to rely on 3rd party and you get stuff like bank holidays and might wait for something important, but the people are off work ā€¦
Definitely support that, good point!

2 Likes

Indeed, the arbitrariness of the banking just frustrates me. Once when I switched to a newer phone and tried to get the bank pin application to work, the customer service almost thought I was a fraudulent scammer because I told them my new address of living (instead of the outdated one which they still had in their system).

Of course, they have good intentions to secure your funds from actual scammers, but does the banker really need to know where you live real time and other personal aspects of your life, just to give you service? It is a big privacy problem aswell.

1. True peer 2 peer lending

2. True Value on currencies

3. real world use

• I agree that Defi creates a kind of level playing field but would need to watch for the manipulations and fraud that make this movement take steps back.

Great point Mr. Andreas!
Greetings from Slovenia!

DeFi enables earning the actual yield.
I think that changes are going to be made in DeFi system easier and truly for the good of the people, also huge community of developers will be able to contribute the ideas to make blockchain grow and work faster.