Chainalysis - Reading Assignment

actually shortly after 0.42 sec. private key b ----- 1 don’t know the --------- b set 1?

1 Like
  1. being stolen
    coming from a dark net market
    coming from a mixer such as Wasabi/CoinJoin
    coming from terrorist financing
    coming from ransomeware payout addresses

2. FBI, HSI, IRS, SEC, Secret Service, CIA, NYPD, Europol, NCA in UK, Royal Canadian Mounted Police

3. Monero is recommended

4. Avoid mobile wallets, run a VPN/tor at all time, use Wasabi/CoinJoin and chat less on the clear net since everything is logged by someone.

1 Like
  1. (a) Being stolen funds (like from a hacking type incident); (b) coming from a dnm; © coming from a mixer; (d) coming from terrorist financing; (e) coming from ransomware payout address
  2. HSI, FBI, IRS have the most licensed, in addition, ATF, DEA, SEC, Secret Service, CIA (through In Q tel) and most of the other federal law enforcement agencies are running the software, NYPD, some district attorney offices, RCMP, EUROPOL, and also The National Police(in the UK)
  3. Bitcoin with Wasabi Wallet, and Monero, but both without the use of Mobile Wallet
  4. (a) avoid Mobile Wallet; (b) look into Wasabi/CoinJoin and similar effort; © run a VPN/Tor at all times; (d) remember that everything you check out on the clear net is being logged by someone
1 Like
  1. The five most likely causes for a Bitcoin transaction to be marked as “suspicious” are; a) being stolen funds, b) coming from a “dnm” (darknet market), c) coming from a mixer, d) coming from terrorist financing, and e) coming from ransomware payout addresses.

2. The Government agencies who use Chainalysis software are;
    HSI (Homeland Security Investigations)
    FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigations)
    IRS (Inland Revenue Service)
    ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms)
    DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency)
    SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission)
    Secret Service
    CIA (Criminal Investigations Agency)
    Most Federal law-enforcement agencies.
    New York Police Department.
    RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police)
    EuroPol
    NCA (National Crime Agency)

3. The cryptocurrency the whistle-blower recommends for privacy is Monero.

4. The advice the whistle-blower gives for preserving anonymity when using Bitcoin is; a) avoid mobile wallets, b) use Wasabi/CoinJoin or similar, c) run a VPN (virtual private network)/Tor, and d) to remember that everything you check out on the clear net is being logged by someone.

1 Like

Hi Grant. Is there any way I can get transcripts of your lessons? transcripsts of what you are saying in each segment.

1 Like

ooooh I see I see. I’m saying “B sub 1”, as in subscript.

We don’t have transcripts but let me ask about that, it’s a good idea :slight_smile:

1 Like

tbh it’s probably enough to just remember “With stealth addresses, I ‘share’ my master public key with the sender, and they generate a one-time-use address for me” - and continue on with the course.

It’s confusing to me too! I feel like even my current understanding only scratches the surface. Just like language learning, the real progress happens when you’re operating just beyond the boundary of what you fully understand. Keep it up and the concepts click eventually :pray:

2 Likes
  1. Being stolen funds (like from a hacking type incident), coming from darknet, coming from a mixer, coming from terrorist financing, and coming from ransomware payout addresses.
  2. HSI (Homeland Security Investigations), FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigations), IRS (Inland Revenue Service), ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms), DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency), SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission), Secret Service, CIA (Criminal Investigations Agency), large police departments, RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police), EuroPol, and NCA (National Crime Agency).
  3. Monero
  4. Avoid mobile wallets, look into Wasabi/Coinjoin and similar efforts, run a VPN/tor at all times, remember that everything you check out on the clear net is being logged by someone.
1 Like

1.Being stolen funds, coming from a darknet merchant, coming from a mixer, coming from terrorist financing, and coming from ransomware payout addresses.
2. HSI, FBI and IRS, ATF, DEA, SEC, Secret Service, CIA and most of the other federal law enforcement agencies are running the software, NYPD, RCMP, Europol and NCA in the UK.
3. Monero
4. Avoid mobile wallets, look into Wasabi/Coinjoin and similar efforts, run a VPN/tor at all times, remember that everything you check out on the clear net is being logged by someone.

1 Like

1. What are the five most likely causes for a Bitcoin transaction being marked as ‘suspicious’?

• Being stolen funds (like from a hacking type incident)

• coming from a dnm (dark net market)

• coming from a mixer

• coming from terrorist financing

• coming from ransomware payout addresses

2. Which government agencies use Chainalysis software?
HSI, FBI, IRS, ATF, DEA, SEC, Secret Service, CIA(through In Q Tel), and most of the other federal law enforcement agencies, large police depts like NYPD, RCMP, Europol, NCA in the UK.

3. What cryptocurrency does the whistleblower recommend for privacy?
Monero

4. What advice does the whistleblower give for preserving anonymity when using Bitcoin?

• Avoid mobile wallets

• Run your own node and electrum server

• Use Wasabi wallet (or other CoinJoins)

• Use a VPN/ Tor at all times and avoid using the clear internet as everything is logged

1 Like

1 Like
  1. What are the five most likely causes for a Bitcoin transaction being marked as ‘suspicious’?
  • Money laundering
  • Terrorist financing
  • Illegal buying (Dark web)
  • Mixer
  • Ransomware
  1. Which government agencies use Chainalysis software?
  • FBI
  • DEA
  • SEC
  • HSI
  • IRS
  • CIA
  • ATF
  • RCMP
  1. What cryptocurrency does the whistleblower recommend for privacy?

Monero

1. What advice does the whistleblower give for preserving anonymity when using Bitcoin?

Avoid mobile wallets, use Wasabi/Coinjoin and similar efforts, run a VPN/tor at all times.

1 Like

I should not be stunned or saddened but I am.

Hacked account, mixer, coming from a dnm, terrorist financing, ransomware address

2. Which government agencies use Chainalysis software?
    Seems like all but the EPA - HRS, FBI, IRS were primary, followed by ATF, DEA SEC, SS CIA, NYPD, RCMP, Europol.

3. What cryptocurrency does the whistleblower recommend for privacy?
    Monero baby

4. What advice does the whistleblower give for preserving anonymity when using Bitcoin?
    Not to use mobile wallets. (McAffee said this already) - Always run VPN with TOR at all times, and not just when transacting because of the massive tracking and cookies that track and associate users.

1 Like
  1. stolen funds, coming from a mixer, coming from a ransomware address, from a dnm.
  2. The government agencies using Chainalysis software include HSI, FBI, and IRS.
  3. Monero
  4. Using a VPN, mixers, no mobile wallets.
1 Like
  1. Being stolen funds (like from a hacking type incident), coming from a dnm, coming from a mixer, coming from terrorist financing, and coming from ransomware payout addresses.
  2. Government agencies using Chainalysis are HSI, FBI, IRS, ATF, DEA, SEC, Secret Service, CIA, law enforcement agencies, NYPD, district attorney offices, RCMP, Europol and National Police (NCA) in UK.
  3. Mixers and Monero
  4. Avoid mobile wallets, look into Wasabi/Coinjoin and similar efforts, run a VPN/tor at all times.

1: Stolen funds, coming from a dnm, used though a mixer’ from ransomware, from terrorism
2:IRS HSI FBI ATF DEA SEC CIA also large police forces such as RCMP NYPD NCA
3:Monero
4:Run a VPN/Tor all searches on the clear net are logged by someone, do not use mobile wallet use Wasabi/Coinjoin or other mixing services

• Being stolen funds
  • Coming from darknet markets
  • Coming from a mixer
  • Coming from terrorist financing
  • Coming from ransomware payout addresses
  1. HSI, FBI, IRS, ATF, DEA, SEC, Secret Service, CIA, Federal low enforcement agencies and large police departments like NYPD, RCMP, EUROPOL, UK National Police NCA.

2. Monero !

3. To avoid Mobile Wallets, to look into Wasabi/CoinJoin and similar efforts, to ALWAYS run a VPN/tor and avoid using clean net.

What are the five most likely causes for a Bitcoin transaction being marked as ‘suspicious’?

From the article, the first being, stolen funds, the 2nd, coming from a darknet market, 3rd, coming from a mixer, 4th coming from terriost financing, and lastly from a randsomeware payout wallet.

Which government agencies use Chainalysis software?

HSI, FBI and IRS,“ATF, DEA, SEC, Secret Service, CIA (through In Q Tel),federal law enforcement agencies like the NYPD, some district attorney offices, RCMP, Europol
and the NCA.

What cryptocurrency does the whistleblower recommend for privacy?

The whistleblower recommends Monero as a use for more privacy.

What advice does the whistleblower give for preserving anonymity when using Bitcoin?

To avoid mobile wallets, look into Wasabi/Coinjoin and similar efforts, run a VPN/tor at all times, remember that everything you check out on the clear net is being logged by someone.

1.Being stolen funds, coming from darkweb market, coming from a crypto mixing service, coming from terrorist funds,coming from ransomware addresses.
2. HSI, FBI, IRS, ATF, DEA, SEC, CIA, NCA
Police, Euorpol and more.
3. Monero.
4. Use optimum wallets made for privacy like wasabi etc… I like electrum and use VPN and TOR.

Five most likely causes for Bitcoin transactions to be marked suspicious are stolen funds from a a hacking incident,coming from a damper mixer,dark net merchant,from terrorist financing, or a ransomware payout address.
Government agencies like,law enforcement, three letter agencies likeFBI RCMP, Interpol,IRS,goverment,defense contractors.
For privacy the best are Monero
Advise for preserving anonymity when using Bitcoin ; use Coinjoin and avoid mobile wallets.