Become your own hedge fund | Yield Hacking Strategy - Discussion

Hello @Gos, hope you are great.

It means that you have not installed NodeJS.
I suggest you to follow this instructions to install it properly. (install instructions)

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

2 Likes

Your welcome please pay it forward and onboard more people to DeFi

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a lot of secrecy in this space. People often only give you a small piece of the pie and you would have to fill in the gaps yourself. On the topic of arbitrage, you would have to be actively seeking it and it almost instantly disappear in a flash. Arbitrage only really exist due to the inefficiency of markets. Once the market adapts and align to become efficient again, it will disappear. Usually the use of bots is more appropriate to take on these opportunities as they arise. High frequency traders usually out performs most professional traders in seeking to chase arbitrage trades and its really a game of speed, whoever is the fastest, FIFO (First In First Serve). So if you have the best bot gets the most of it. Best is in terms of speed of execution and the best location for latency, etc.

3 Likes

I agree with ponchooo. I played around with furucombo for hours. I found some arbitrage opportunities, but none that were more than $10. I also found a really lucrative opportunity but it vanished before I could complete the transaction, Iā€™m assuming this is either due to Oracles delivering amazing data services or bots finding it before I can - or BOTH! I like the idea of furucombo and dydx because you just connect your wallet and go, its all on chain, but with the current bull run weā€™re in gas fees for eth transactions are outrageous.

1 Like

I played around with Furucombo, some tokens have some differences but the ETH Gas makes it impossible to use.

1 Like

have you got some new arbitrage strategies?
thank you Amadeo

I immediately had this concern in mind, but would the ETH upcoming updates bring opportunities back? Assuming one of the targets is to lower overall transaction costsā€¦

Hi Super @amadeobrands, thanks for sharing your knowledge with us and teaching us so far! The only opportunity I smell now and perhaps, in the mid to long run, in regards to arbitrage opportunities, is if we could link DeFi and CeFi exchanges and explore the price + liquidity inefficiencies. Iā€™m a noob in programming, but I just understand some maths. My guess is bots is the way to go. The robots wars might be already happening :slight_smile:

In my early student days, I used to explore arb opportunities in gambling exchanges in sports and I wrote a ā€œsort ofā€ thesis about this (used Betfair as an example).

very much information dense; opportunities are vast and customizable to one risk profile and desired activity level - hedge funds fascinatingā€¦need to look into this more = probably go over this again after i take the recommended in this segments Algorithmic 201 trading course by Ivan & Filip

enol and chi can probably help by lowering fee costs.

In case of enol they give a cashback if you hodl tokens.

Itā€™s not yet a year since this course was created but so much have changed. When is Amadeo releasing updates for this course?

2 Likes

Hey @carolyn, hope you are great.

Amadeo already have in mind a DeFi 301 course, not sure about what could be or when is going to be released, but he is for sure motivated for a 301. Also you are right, not even a year and this entire space has evolved so much! How awesome is that!! :nerd_face:

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Thanks
I would love to see Yield farming covered in-depth in DeFi 301

2 Likes

so Synthetixs offers 163% APY on inverse ETH. Buying iETH may not be desirable when in a bull market. Could we
i) use Maker dao vault to lock up ETH and borrow DAI.
ii)Sell Dai for sUSD on uniswap.
iii)Then buy iETH with the sUSD on the synthetixs exchange
iv) stake iETH on synthetixs.io/earn. receive rewards in SNX

Am I wrong in assuming that this would allow you have a hedged position in iETH by taking a CDP in ETH? while benefiting from the high yield. Sorry, im still trying to wrap my head around all of this. Feedback on the limitations of this strategy would greatly help with my understanding.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been finding it extremely difficult to find a good Arbitrage opportunity currently. Iā€™ve had fun tinkering with Furucombo to find different strategies. It becomes difficult trying to find arbitrage opportunities when gas fees are extremely high during the bull-run.

At this moment, if one has a lot of capital then it makes sense to just be earning interest on some collateral supplied on Compound or other lending/borrowing protocol.

2 Likes

i like the look of APY.finance. you deposit stable-coins and mint APY tokens then generate yield via the protocols Automated strategies. On another note, If one was to:
i) create a ETH CDP on maker oasis and generate Dai,
ii) then use that that Dai to purchase to for example: SNX, AAVE, UNI
iii) purchase the BPT (33% SNX, 33%AAVE, 33% UNI)

Can one generate further yield by staking the BPT on AAVE safety module? not sure what the risks are with this due to the 30% max slashing? it has a APY of 67% which looks appealing. Am I correct in assuming that one would benefit from the BPT incentives as well as the AAVE BPT staking incentives also?

I would greatly appreciate any limitations on this strategy and any other alternatives

I really loved this section although Iā€™m quite cautious on how I invest. I learned so much but I need time to process everything and to calculate things out so I can evaluate risk/reward. Thanks for sharing this information.

I am trying to implement my own USDC liquidity pool that allows various users to deposit USDC into it to earn a fixed interest rate based on how long they park the USDC in my pool (meanwhile I will use the USDC for other things) But I am trying to work out how I can give them a ā€˜liveā€™ balance on their deposit and interest earned so far. Anyone have any ideas on how I could do this ?

I am guessing that once they deposit 100 USDC then I should give them 100 LP tokens in return right ? but how to auto increment the value of those LP tokens etc has me confused

hey guys, how yield hacking is going with these high fees? I imagine is worth only with big amounts of stack

1 Like

Im guessing that people with lots of money have automated Arbitrage using code so any arbitrage opportunities do not last long. Doing it manually would just not be fast enough? What do you think @amadeobrands :thinking:

1 Like