Advanced Bitcoin Scripting - Discussion

Thanks for sharing the video link! Hope this would be useful for other students :smiley:

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

1 Like

Part 1 - Setting Up our Environment

I am executing on a MAC OSX (version 10.15.4).

I have installed the latest versions of NPM/GYP/CommandLineTools.

Getting these messages with the command npm install bcoin (any suggestions?) ::

1 Like

This seems to be a bug with the newer version of node and bcoin. Have you installed the latest version of node.js? Can you try with LTS version?

1 Like

The installation of bcoin is still a problem even with cd .\Users\admin\multisig.
โ€œI just told my parents that I fought well today.โ€

Hello sir, could you please share us a screenshot of the console to check what error you are facing when installing โ€œbcoinโ€? Maybe we can help you solve it.

If you have any more questions, please let us know so we can help you! :slight_smile:

Carlos Z.

I will give you a screenshot at friday. I am now on vacation and working with another computer without powershell. Thank you for the respons.

1 Like

It seems youโ€™re missing the package.json file, can you check it exists in your multisigproject directory?

Indeed. I do not see it within the node_modules (multisigproject)

multisig project is a folder you created right? You can initialize it as a npm project using npm init then you can also install packages. Not sure if this will also solve the other issue with bcoin package not working. It requires an older version of node and is an upstream issue that hasnโ€™t been resolved yet.
Thatโ€™s why I recommend you try the LTS version of node.js.
There is also a nvm for node, but I think its not supported on M$.

So I installed package.json. But it seems that there is still a problem.

What version of node.js are you using?

Node.js v14.4.0 is what I use.

Can you try using the LTS version (12.18.3)?

1 Like

Is this possible on a windows machine?

Perhaps it is better until the current version of node.js is updated. Please tell me when that update will happen. Thank you for your work Alko89!

Yes, NodeJS 12.18.3 LTS is also available on Windows https://nodejs.org/en/

It would be better for you to uninstall the actual 14 version you have installed, install the 12 version, might take a while until nodejs update their software. And most of the programs we suggest in the course should work with NodeJS version 12.18โ€ฆ without issues.

Carlos Z.

1 Like

@filup
what versions of nodejs, npm and bcoin should we be installing. I am getting errors (syntax errors and missing dependancies when I do the npm install bcoin

1 Like

I rolled back to the distro version of node:

$ node --version
v10.16.3
$ npm --version

and now I can run
node address.js
and it is creating the two wif files

some of my other projects are using later version of node so I will be in version hell for a while.

1 Like

Glad to know you figure it out, the bcoin app is not 100% compatible with the last node version, thats why we suggest to stick with the version that we use in the courses. node version 10.1#.# should work good on every other course ask you to use it, so try to stick with that one.

Carlos Z.

1 Like